Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Woo Wee - Good fishin' now

Post Thanks / Like

Default Woo Wee - Good fishin' now

Clinton Power Plant Lake, Clinton, Illinois - 05/07/05

Man they are on. They have moved up into the coves and we caught them everwhere from 12' - 2'. Could not get out in the morning (turkey hunting) so got on the water around noon. Caught a few in the deeper water untill around 4 pm. That's when all heck broke loose. Could not keep them off the hook from 4pm - 7pm. Must have caught 100 fish. Most of the keepers were females full of eggs and in the 10" - 12" size. Caught most on white body - blue skirt Southern Pro tube jigs dabbing the trees and brush piles.
    Sure wish I was retired. :p :D
    Good luck to anyone who can get out on this lake. Even though luck won't be needed this week. :D
    If you ain't tyin' - you ain't fryin'

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrap
    Clinton Power Plant Lake, Clinton, Illinois - 05/07/05

Man they are on. They have moved up into the coves and we caught them everwhere from 12' - 2'. Could not get out in the morning (turkey hunting) so got on the water around noon. Caught a few in the deeper water untill around 4 pm. That's when all heck broke loose. Could not keep them off the hook from 4pm - 7pm. Must have caught 100 fish. Most of the keepers were females full of eggs and in the 10" - 12" size. Caught most on white body - blue skirt Southern Pro tube jigs dabbing the trees and brush piles.
    Sure wish I was retired. :p :D
    Good luck to anyone who can get out on this lake. Even though luck won't be needed this week. :D
    Hey Scrap, Thank you for the report. It's a little too far for me to run right now, but do appreciate knowing whats up. The crappie up here in the Moline area are just starting to turn on a little. Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Scrap, If I get a chance to get away, could you give a general area to start out on Clinton Lake ?? 5000 acres of water is a lot compared to the small lakes I'm used to. By looking at maps, I'm thinking north of the bridge on the north fork or in the upper portion of the Salt Creek branch. I have a Reelfoot Stumpjumper boat for shallow runnin in stumps. Where I can't get to with it wouldn't be enough water for fish. ha ha Would sure appreciate a response from you or others. Tight lines,Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent report, glad to hear someone is getting on them!!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Illinoisgiller
    Scrap, If I get a chance to get away, could you give a general area to start out on Clinton Lake ?? 5000 acres of water is a lot compared to the small lakes I'm used to. By looking at maps, I'm thinking north of the bridge on the north fork or in the upper portion of the Salt Creek branch. I have a Reelfoot Stumpjumper boat for shallow runnin in stumps. Where I can't get to with it wouldn't be enough water for fish. ha ha Would sure appreciate a response from you or others. Tight lines,Mike
    Sent you a PM
    If you ain't tyin' - you ain't fryin'

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap