Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird is doing it agian.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird is doing it agian.

Well Humminbird is doing it again. Anyone with a 700,900 or the 1100 color units with GPS will be able to buy a Add-on that will allow us to have, Real Time Satellite radar. So for $250 and then a fee per month. You will be able to see a storm as it comes at you. Even real time lighten strikes The receiver will a service called XM Navweater. And the service will be $15 for the hookup. Then $9.95 per month. There's been a lot of times that I wish I would have had this in the boat. As you know a storm is coming. but not sure if you need to leave or stay.
    This will allow one to stay on the water and see if its time to leave or keep on fishing. I know for me it will be a year or so before I can get the add-on. But I will be getting one.
    I hope someone from Humminbird will post more info on this.
    Coming out from what I have been told Dec 1st 2008. So just in time for Christmas.
    Pete
    Last edited by ShilohRed; 07-26-2008 at 08:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

wonder if Santa is takin letters this early...I fish 5-6 days a wk and this would be great, I always leave the water when it thunders, got a good rain suit but can't get anyone to test the lightnin suit I invented...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishdoc View Post
    wonder if Santa is takin letters this early...I fish 5-6 days a wk and this would be great, I always leave the water when it thunders, got a good rain suit but can't get anyone to test the lightnin suit I invented...
    Seen one to the myth buster guys :D They will test it for you & let you know if you or the maniget(spelling) should use these

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds pretty good. I pay $25 a month for unlimited data on my cellphone and use it as a modem for my laptop. So, that allows me to have the weather channel and realtime radar directly on my cellphone for only $3.25 per month. It has been a lifesaver many times.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Morris View Post
    Sounds pretty good. I pay $25 a month for unlimited data on my cellphone and use it as a modem for my laptop. So, that allows me to have the weather channel and realtime radar directly on my cellphone for only $3.25 per month. It has been a lifesaver many times.
    I could see where it could help those at Sea. But the price to purchase the units, and then the monthly fees? No thanks! I'll do what Darryl does and pull up the radar on the cell phone. There is always the old fashioned method of looking up at the sky, and seeking cover as needed.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My butt tells me when the weather is gonna change. I watch weather underground (ParisLanding.com) but mostly just look outside.

I don't take chances with weather, but I will chance a roulette wheel now and then.

Humminbird needs to fix some of their existing equipment problems. Sounds like a planned distraction to divert attention/focus strategy to me.:rolleyes:
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it might be helpful on Big water lakes like Toledo Bend.......there has been quit a number of boats sink and lives lost on this lake through the years.A sudden thunder storm can turn this lake into a death trap in an instance.
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---DONT EVERYBODY ? Thumbs Up