Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: On The Spot 7-25-08

TacoBender is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default On The Spot 7-25-08 (Pic Added)

Had a trip cancel but rebooked, I went anyway. Pulled up to the boat ramp and there was a long time friend getting ready to launch. They went to fish a spot and I went looking for some new ones. I found a few and caught some fish but no keepers, the same for them. Caught a few here and a few there but not many. We met back up and it was the same for them, so we split up again. I went to a spot and started catching them about a hour later they showed up again. I asked if they caught any and they said only 6 keepers they asked me if I caught any at that time I had 17 keepers. So I told them to pull up next to me and we pulled crappie after crappie out of that spot. I finished my limit and they ended up with 35 to 40 keepers. Then someone saw a school of sand bass churning the water and we caught and released bunch of those hard fighting things. It was hot but the wind kept us cool. I'll post a pic tomorrow it was too hot to clean them this afternoon so I put them on ice. All fish were caught on jigs tipped with Berkley Crappie Nibbles colors were yellow/pink/chart, pink/flo.blue/purple,and yellow/orange/green. It was a good day and even greater to fish with a long time friend.
    GoodLuck

Used my Pro Angler rods, the more I use them the more I like them!!
    Last edited by TacoBender; 07-26-2008 at 02:53 PM.
    TacoBender
    On The Spot Guide Service
    "Catchin Crappie Year Round"
    www.onthespotwithscott.com

Post Thanks / Like

Great catch. Like you, I sometimes have to wait 'til next morning to clean fish. Some think it will cause a strong fish flavor but as a long as they're kept at a temp. in the 30s I've never noticed that...have you?

Post Thanks / Like

No it doesn't make any difference as long as you clean them before their gills turn lite pink or white. I've kept fish on ice for a day and a half without any problems.
    TacoBender

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice ! !
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

You would'nt want to reveal exactly what jig it was would ya lol?

Post Thanks / Like

Sound like ya had a good day. Meeting an old friend catch fish, Yea that's a good day.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I was using my own hand tied jig. Skip (Thump It Jigs) does tie some jigs for me but I usually use them dock shooting with my customers. Just had a friend beg me to tie him some jigs and I'm still not sure if I will, although he is a long time friend.
    TacoBender

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch.