Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody picked up a bow yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody picked up a bow yet?

I know here archery season doesn't start for two more months and the weather has been so hot it's hard to think about hunting, but I'm already getting that itch to fix up the deer stands and start pulling a string to make sure I'm ready for October. Anybody else starting to get that feeling?
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Me too man!

Ive been shooting just before dark almost everyday for the past couple of weeks. Im getting the itch also.:D

Post Thanks / Like

ive also got it bad going to start putting out the corn and trail camera this week:D

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, the Matthews has been limbered up, the miniblasters have new blades and I'm lookin' at puttin' a little corn out this next week.

Haven't seen any really nice bucks yet but I know they are there and still growing. I use tree stands until after the rut and then hunt from the ground in double bull blinds, hoping to take a nice fall gobbler before Thanksgiving.

Been bow hunting off and on since I was 13. I am now 60 but still am able to more than handle a 70lb LX. Can't remember the number of deer I have killed with a bow but if I get lucky with a gobbler this year, it will be no. 16 (53 overall).

Yup, I STAY ready. But in the meantime...I stalk the specks at night. :D

aj

Post Thanks / Like

Just picked mine up the other day and shot a few times... but its hard to put down the fishing pole glad I have two hands! Two months... game on!
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I have been shooting a couple times a week for about a month now, getting ready for a elk hunt in colorodo starting first of sept
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

MAN OLE MAN am I getting the itching SO BAD!! I have started DVR'ing all the deer hunting shows that come on. For me, Gun is ok to watch and turkey, elk, etc are "ok" to watch but there is nothing like watching a whitetail get SMOKED!! (Not to mention the show "Getting close" with "somebody" and Tiffany. WOW, she is just down right HOT!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

Been shootin regular for over a month now. Gonna try an get out in the woods an do a little more scoutin this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Bought new bowtech 101'st July 3'rd been shootin regular, since sweet shooting bow,counting the days to opener, thought about buying trailcam just to see whats lurking by the house,any recommendations would be appreciated ya'll should try ricebran got a church buddy that says the deer love it :p

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to hear that some people are getting ready, the recent record setting triple digit temps have moved me back in the house at least until the weather gets back into the 90's. It's hard for me to be outside in 108 degree weather when I dont have to be.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast