Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What about Warsaw area restaurants?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What about Warsaw area restaurants?

You guys/gals have any Warsaw restaurants to recommend? Want to find a place with really good bbq. Not just bbq sauce poured over the meat when it's brought out. REAL BBQ. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

not sure,have had somewhat good food at longshoal boat dock resturant,and the bbq place on rt-7 just across from the ranger/tritan dealer,well lest say i seem to be full when i leave there,jmo,,,there should be some on here that live in the area that can chime in on this subject
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Chuckwagon BBQ, El Camino(mexican) is good, Rusty Skillet downtown is good(can get breakfast anytime), and if you are really hungry Charlies buffet. It is about 1/2 hour northeast of Warsaw. It is huge, but plan on a line to get in. The Benton house is pretty good, but a little overrated for me.

There are others, but I haven't tried them this year yet. Soon to be a resident there, so I will probably try them all.

Post Thanks / Like

Jimbo,

How far would Chuck wagon BBQ be from Osage Bluff? I as well as JJ, and Just Loosen Tackle will be staying at Osage Bluff Friday night.

Post Thanks / Like

Chuck Wagon isn't but probably 10 to 15 minutes up 7 highway from Warsaw. We sure like it. Anyone we know that has been there feels the same.

s-crappie veteran Guest

Heard raving reviews of Charlies. I'm gonna try it myself in about two weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

If you like real BBQ and your in the Warsaw area, your in luck. Their are several very good true BBQ places. One is chuck wagon which is about 5 miles west of Warsaw on hi way 7. My favorite is located on the east service road of hi way 65 about 1/2 mile north of the 83 and 65 junction. we look forward to eating there each time we are in town. problem is, I can't remember the name. I think it's smoke stack or maybe smoke shack.
    it has been their since the 1930s and looks like a dump from the outside. It's clean on the inside and the folks are friendly. The taste of their BBQ is great and they also serve ice cold beer. I'm not sure if the chuck wagon serves beer. Man, I'm gutting hungry.
    speckologist

Post Thanks / Like

We ate at Chuckwagon up highway 7 and had a sampler plate...... all the meat was shaved and then bbq sauce poured on it before serving.... except for the tips.....

what do you guys recommend there that has the bbq sauce baked on?

Where exactly is Charlies for those that recommended it?

If I remember right, Bucksaw is 20+ miles from Warsaw..... heavy on the +!

Thanks for all the tips!!!!!

riverhorse Guest

Chuck Wagon has great bbq.. it's west out of warsaw on hgy 7 about 10-20 minutes, sits on the right side of the road.....with homemade potato salad...yeah buddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Benton House is very good and pricey too. But they have some of the best Prime Rib.......

Long Shoal has some good vittels too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast