Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spinning versus Baitcast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spinning versus Baitcast

I like using a spinning reel to crappie fish and a baitcaster to bass fish, but have used a spinning reel for bass in the past. I was just wanting to know if anyone uses a spinning reel to throw a certain bass lure or do you mainly stick to baitcasters for everything?

It sure is fun to hook in to a nice bass on a baitcaster...seems like you can feel em so much better!
    Hooking up every chance I get!

Post Thanks / Like

For bass, i use either one regularly, regardless of the lure I want to cast but, I do prefer the right rod weight for the lure I am casting. If I am only going to take the smaller, under 1/4 oz, lures to the water, then I will leave the baitcaster behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing but spinning for me. Seems to work very well for the type of bass fishing I do, mostly finess fishing with soft plastics.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

I like the spincast for my lighter baits, grubs, topwater, ect. But if I'm using a spinner bait or using texas-rig worm I'm using the baitcaster. I think my preference is based more on rod action. I prefer a lighter action rod on my spincaster so it's more effective for the lighter baits and a heavier action on the baitcaster for those heavier baits or the baits that create a lot of drag in the water.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Spinning outfits are the ticket when it comes to tubes, shaky heads and drop shots. Baitcasters for spinnerbaits, crankbaits, jigs, etc etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Its all baitcast for me - that includes shakeyhead, senko, T-rigs etc. I don't like spinning gear.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default ditto of what bassboy said

I dont get the same feel,sensitivity with a spinning reel setup as I do with baitcast outfit

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Mann who founded Mann's bait company used spinning gear 95% of the time for everything.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

You dont drive a nail with a screwdriver. The right too for the job. Spinning for finess, casting is a winch and gives you much more power. Feel comes from the rod not the reel. Match the rod with the lure. G-Loomis will give you more sensitivity than most on the market. Hi end but worth every penny. Spincast is for kids, dump it!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say I agree with foulhook on the spin cast. I've two bass over 9 lbs on a zebco 33 with top water baits so I have a special place in my heart for those reels. My mother and sister love them as well and I wouldn't trade those memories for anything in the world. Like you said foul hook.."the right tool for the right job". A good rod makes alot of difference no matter what you fish with. I fish with all three types of reels, spinning baitcasting and spincasting. They all have their individual drawbacks. Baitcasters backlash in the wind spinning reels are bad about twisting line and spincasters are poorly made for the most part and are very rough when you have fished a good spinning or baitcasting reel. Use what you are most comfortable with and enjoy the most. Fishing needs to be fun. just my opin.....
    A man is not judged by what he has done for himself but by what he has done for others.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast