Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tae73

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tae73

Ted, did you get to fish this weekend? Where? How did you do?
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Duane, Yes I did get to do some fishing. Myself and Outlaw left out Wednsday afternoon for truman and returned today sunday. Fishing for crappie was fair, did catch some nice fish. Was alot of work to get yourself a limit of fish for the day. Fish where scattered everywhere, Anywhere from the banks to 20' of water. Hopefully the weather will work out and next weekend should be good. We also set out a few trotlines, those seemed to produce better than the crappie did. I would say we caught 45-50 pounds of fish, we had 2 blues around 13 lbs. We also figured out what will eat crappie, blue cats. The biggest bellyed one had 3 crappie, one which was propable a 10" crappie. We couldnt lure in any turkeys, so that was the only thing we didnt put a hurting too. All in all it was a nice weekend and we couldnt of asked for nicer weather. Did you get a chance to get out and fish????
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    Duane, Yes I did get to do some fishing. Myself and Outlaw left out Wednsday afternoon for truman and returned today sunday. Fishing for crappie was fair, did catch some nice fish. Was alot of work to get yourself a limit of fish for the day. Fish where scattered everywhere, Anywhere from the banks to 20' of water. Hopefully the weather will work out and next weekend should be good. We also set out a few trotlines, those seemed to produce better than the crappie did. I would say we caught 45-50 pounds of fish, we had 2 blues around 13 lbs. We also figured out what will eat crappie, blue cats. The biggest bellyed one had 3 crappie, one which was propable a 10" crappie. We couldnt lure in any turkeys, so that was the only thing we didnt put a hurting too. All in all it was a nice weekend and we couldnt of asked for nicer weather. Did you get a chance to get out and fish????
    Stay home this past weekend and chilled. Went to Bull Shoals last weekend and hit that cool front and wind, and more wind. I did fair crappie fishing. caught alot near the Highway 160 bridge Friday afternoon but most was all small. They was hitting that swimmin' minnow, it was fun. Dad and brother-in-law could not buy a bite and was fishing next to my boat till I gave them some of my lures.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

I have been in your both situations as you spoke of. Its nice to be the one jerking the fish in and it sucks when you arent the one. Last weekend at truman it wasnt the bait, it was a scent that was the key to the bite.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion