Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New reel and pole.....

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New reel and pole.....

Finally got some spinning reels. Got a few Pinnacle T2 microlites thanks to DeathbeforeDisco. They weigh 4.5 oz. I put the braid on them.

Braid and spinning reels are a new phase in life for me. The line drops easy as everyone stated. I put the T2 on a BPS 6 foot GS series rod I got at BPS last year. The whole rig weighs less than 11 ounces (pole, line, hook,sinker,reel,). It is reasonable. My Martin rig is 2 ounces lighter, but don't have the depth/crank abilities.

I will try it out next week if I don't have too much to do.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 07-19-2008 at 11:24 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I think that you will really like them when you get used to it. It took me a while to switch. In 67 or 68 I took my first trip to Eufaula Al and had a really bad experience with the closed face reel. I'm so used to it that over the years all my reels, bait casting etc, are left hand so I don't have to think about it. I haven't tried the braid on one yet and would like to know what you think. Got braid on the bait cast and like it, but not the spinners.

A day late, a dollar short and two drinks behind.