Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Monroe

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Monroe

Come on fellers, there 's gotta be some of you fishing Monroe.I'd like to hit it this week,but I hate to be the only one on the lake.It should be getting good .Will let you know.
    Ledhed::

Post Thanks / Like

Started at the mouth of middlefork by the little island and spidder rigged the creek channel up into the creek a good 1/2 mile. Had lots of fish with a lot of 10 to 14 inch keepers. This was saturday 5/7

crazy Guest

I'm planning a crappie trip to Monroe next week. I haven't been there since late April. I was wondering if the spawn has taken place yet? Any good reports would be appreciated.

Crazy

Post Thanks / Like

For whats its worth I fished a bass tournament on sat. & sun. [14 & 15 ] and caught 3 crappies on small crankbaits that were well over a pound and were full of eggs. I had several other reports from other members who had the same thing happen. I caught all of mine off the long points in Moore Creek. Hope this helps!!!

crazy Guest

Oh!!! that's just the info I was looking for. Sounds like the feast before the laying of the eggs, they'll lay by the full moon for sure, which will be late for crappie this year. Moore Creek is where we hooked up on some nice ones in April too.
    Thanks so much

crazy

Indyjohn Guest

Went out on Saturday, May 7th to Pine Grove @ Monroe. Caught quite a few slab crappies ranging 1 to 2 3/4 lbs. near IU. Some had eggs and were ready to nest. Last weekend Saturday, May 21st water level 540' and looked like chocolate milk. Fishing poor on creekside. Not too bad on fast side around Morse and Allen Creek.

crazy Guest

Had a nice week at Monroe last week. Monday was a bust...wind with waves or should I say seas. But on Tuesday we got into them on Moores creek...mostly your 6 to 8 inch but a couple 12 to 14 inch. Wed. spent some time at Allen creek North side in the rocks at 4 ft. Bingo got into some nice nesting crappie. Thursday was even better...10 to 12 size west side in Moores creek. We didn't even get out of those two creeks all week...limit out every day but tue. two short of the limit. Don't you just love spring time in Indiana?

crazy