Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pulling/and or pushing jigs?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pulling/and or pushing jigs?

I posted this in the NC forum as well to maybe get some local help, as Im new to trolling and prior to, generally shot docks and vertical jigged....

Pullin jigs on Norman??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thinking about pulling jigs in the AM on Norman....any suggestions on what to use? Thus far Ive only pulled minnows.

Ive pulled some of my own hand tieds with minnows, but Im just trying to get around using minnows. Figure some of you rubber/plastic enthusiasts might have something to throw in here.

Since I primarily use my own tied jigs when shooting docks or vetical jigging and the sort, I dont have a big assortment of rubber, I do however have several colors of sliders......got junebug/chartruse, black/chartruse, red/chartruse, pearl/chartruse, and some other gray w/sparkles color. Plan on using a KY rig with whatever bell weight it takes to keep, and 1/32 or 1/16 heads, got several colors in both sizes.

Should I track down some grubs or tubes?

Post Thanks / Like

the sliders will work fine on roadrunner heads. i've probably caught 1500-2000 fish on this combo.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Grubs

Yeah, sliders will work fine, as will twisters, hair jigs,tubes, plain minnows and about anything else some days. Some days pushing/pulling a crank is the trick, crappie can be finicky at times, versatility is the key.possum1
    possum1
    Jack Mullins
    Psalms 46:1

Post Thanks / Like

I have done well with sliders, tubes and crappiesnacks. Go to Virginia board and holler at Fish Doc. He can fill ya in.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion