Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mission Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mission Trip

My 16 year old daughter is leaving Monday morning to go to South Africa for 3weeks on a mission trip with other teenagers. She will not know anyone until she gets to Texas (starting point), has to fly from Savannah Ga there and back by herself and the wife and I am getting a little anxious about it all and wanted to ask if you folks wouldn't mind lefting us all (family) up in prayer.

I have said and thought all the usual things; God knows what he is doing, He called her Ha'll protect her, etc... But being human as I am I cannot help but worry. I'm pretty protective about my girls and she is just going way to far from home. In other words, I can't drive there in my truck if something happens and they wouldn't let me take my shotgun on an airplane.

Amyway I am rambling, please say a little prayer for us. Thank you in advance.

Bruce
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

She will be rewarded many times over for what she is doing. I go on at least one mission trip a year. This year however I have been on 2 trips. One to build 9 houses in 2 weeks in Gulfport Ms and one to Montana to help build a church. I always leave expecting to make a difference in someones life but when I get home it seems like it always makes a diff in mine. I can understand your concern but prayer will help all you you through this trip. I know you are thankful she is going on this trip. It says a lot about you and your family for raising her right. You are blessed!!
    God Bless and I will pray for your family right now!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hope she understands not to trust anyone she dosen't know and then only half of the ones she does,being of that age,and not to get off by herself under any circumstance. I'm sure you have drilled that home time and time again Birddog as I did with mine. I will pray that everything goes well for her.

Post Thanks / Like

You're in my prayers.
    Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy -- Eskimo legend

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers your daughter and your entire family.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I just got back for the airport. She's on her way and in God's hands now.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

birddog,
    prayers on the way for your daughter.

Post Thanks / Like

I know you are proud of her and worried too. Prayers from my family to you and yours. My father made several trips to Africa and Haiti while a Methodist pastor. Always came back a better man. Hope she will be able to use modern communication to check in with you often.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

Birddog,your a better man than I.I'd be a nervious wreck.
    Prayers sent up,thats all I can do.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Bruce, your daughter is in our prayers for a safe trip there and back. For that matter your entire family is in our prayers. You are a wonderful man Bruce. GOD bless you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast