Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Smithville

3 of use caught about 3 to 1 dinks to keepers Fri afternoon -evening i think you could go just about any where next to the bank and catch all you want.ended up with 45 mostly 10-13 in. Lots of peolpe out. Jim C. blue & white but it didn't really make any differance .
    Last edited by Jim C.; 05-07-2005 at 05:21 AM.

crappiedave Guest

Default smithville

Also fished friday caught lots of dinks, also had limit 10s to 13 inch fish . Lots of people on lake. Blue and white tube jig on roadrunner head is all Ive used all year.

Post Thanks / Like

Normally I'm a black and chartruese guy,but got skunked till I put on blue/white.Strange,but it was the ticket.

Post Thanks / Like

that is interesting cook because I have done quite well this year on black and chart. I guess I am holding my mouth just right!! I have caught a few on blue and white also though, heck I have even caught a few on yellow and white.

Shaun
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!

Post Thanks / Like

52 from 10-almost 14 this weekend, Threw twice as many 8-9's back. Lime green/chartruse tail jigs tipped with minnows on a bobber in 1-5 feet.

Post Thanks / Like

Where is there a descent ramp to launch and fish without putting up a big fight with the winds? I am wanting to go on Wedensday and now they are calling for gale force winds
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like

If they are calling for gale force winds,then stay at home or on the bank.Even if there is a protected ramp,the wind will be right around the corner.

Post Thanks / Like

If it's coming from the south the camp branch/crows creek area is a good bet

EVERETT Guest

I was up there this mourning & having a hard time with jigs.Then i recieved a sign,it was a fully loaded minnow bucket floating in the lake.A sign I couldn't ignore & sure as hell that was the trick, 1 hour later I had my limit with two minnows to spare.Tried a jig in the same spot and not get a hit for nothing.All 15 fish bulging with eggs and sorry about your minnow bucket if that was you!

Post Thanks / Like

If it had "BURTONS" on it ,it was mine-just drop the fillets off tonite from the crappie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast