Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: creek largemouth

Post Thanks / Like

Default creek largemouth

I floated one of the smaller local rivers yesterday and managed to land a mess of smallmouth, but to my surprise I also landed this chunky little largemouth 2 miles upstream from the main lake in a 5 foot hole behind some logs in the outside bend of the creek. you can see the logs over my shoulder in the pic. green pumpkin senko comes through again. when it comes to stained water river bass fishing a man can not have enough senkos.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch . the flint river is full of smallies right now

Post Thanks / Like

Around here the smallmouth are everywhere. Since the opener of bass season we have put over 150 keeper smallmouth in my kayak, of course we released the majority of them. We do keep a few for the table though. All the creeks and rivers locally are just loaded with them, but we rarely find the largemouth in the creeks and rivers, especially so far from the main lake.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

You gotta love the green pumpkin senko. Doesn't seem to fail in the river. Course, last year's trip in the river, I think we could have thrown anything and the smallies would have gobbled it up.
    Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Nice largemouth!

We wade several creeks around my house, and catch 50-60 spotted bass and largemouth with a few chain pickeral every time we go, countless bream and red eyes. These creeks are majority knee deep and MILES from the nearest main river. We found one place about 100 yards long that averages about 5 foot deep, we caught 10-15 largemouth on Pop-R's with the biggest being close to 5.5 lbs in about a 20 minute time frame. I caught one in another creek that was about 6-6.5 lbs on a worm. The creek that I caught the 6+ out of, flows into the Flint River, which flows into the TN River, but it's every bit of 40-50 miles to the TN River, maybe longer. Some of the absolute best fishing we do is wading the creeks.
    Kevin Taylor
    20XD Bullet