Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trolling crankbait's at night

Post Thanks / Like

Default trolling crankbait's at night

hello all. i'm gonna try trolling some crankbait's next week for some walleye. the lake is relatively shallow (15-20). we will probably be doing most of our trolling at night for the walleye. i was wondering what are some good crankbait's to try out. should i be using deep diver's or shallow diver's or both. what color's work best at night. probably be trolling by the dam most the time. this lake really doesn't have much for flat's or hump's...water is pretty clear.... color's, lure's, any info would be helpful. thanx in advance!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Bump!
    "I'm interested in the same also!"

Rick
    Formally: BoxingRef_Rick.

Post Thanks / Like

We do some walleye trolling around here. Bomber Model A chart always works. Since we fish for craiies by trolling a lot of guy's are using the Bandit 300 series.

Post Thanks / Like

For trollin' I use Bandit 200s and 300s...loud colors in dark water and shad colors in clear water.

aj

Post Thanks / Like

Don't be afraid to do a little casting this time of year, especially early and late. The wallys get shallow and agressive. Quite a few are being caught on Truman Lake right now that way. By shallow I mean the lure hits within 6 inches of the waters edge and gets nailed before it moves a few feet, sometimes on the hook set they will roll enough to see their backs. Shad raps in mostly bright colors but I'm not sure the color is a big factor. Seems that wind is more of a factor, gotta have some, shallow gravelly points that the wind is hitting seems to be the key.

Post Thanks / Like

The two colors that walleye see the best are chartreuse and blaze orange. I cast #11 or #13 rapalas in the Spring and Fall in 5' of water off the riprap with wind hitting the bank. I would long line troll with these baits and put a small rubber core sinker 3' or more up the line.

Post Thanks / Like

shad raps are always good. weighted rapala stick baits w/blackish tops and shiny bellies are good at night. nice slow wobble to them.

Post Thanks / Like

reef runners. #9,#11 rapalas.

i prefer reef runners.

in clear lake situations you want natural colors that match the forage.

dam is fine. one of the best ways to keep the baits down is a 3 way with a bottom bouncing sinker. use planer boards to spread your baits out.

Post Thanks / Like

GSR 5 shad rap in blue shad.....but mostly troll bandits in 200 & 300.....i like taco salad,white/char belly,blaze orange and char
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone fish Watauga lake in East TN this time of year for walleye. Just curious on how to catch them trolling or casting. I usually fish for walleyes the first of May casting along rock walls using thunder sticks and long bill rebels and long A. I would love to be catching walleye at this time of year and any help would be appreciate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast