Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: well shuck's, what to do

Post Thanks / Like

Default well shuck's, what to do

well look's like baller and i once again may be changing our plans. imagine that.:o he talked to his brother and the weather is not looking to promising so i think were gonna bail on the lake erie trip. suppose to be windy and stormy. we decided we did'nt want to spend $500 in gas just to sit and be laid up in a hotel room. were still going somewhere, maybe missouri, maybe a state or 2 or 3 over, we don't know anyone got any idea's, we were really wanting to get into some walleye, kind of had our heart set on some toothy guy's but now we just know were loading up and heading out sunday morning and going somewhere or somewhere's for 8 day's. what would you all do. just curious. i'm just torn. 4 day's were leaving and don't have a clue on were we are going, story of our live's:o

jeff the undecisive slayer
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

well, Jeffie. If I had 8 days to spend fishing, I believe I would hit the lakes along the Eastern half of Kansas. Perry, Clinton, Melvern, Hillsdale, etc., etc. Plenty of wallys in Clinton. Just fish bottom bouncers, jigs w/large minnows or night crawlers on worm harnesses. Silver or chrome spinner blades worked best for me.
    Last edited by bwillaub; 07-16-2008 at 02:41 PM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to catch those toothy critter and don't mind driving 12 hrs go to upper red lake mn. The fishing is awesome. I've been up the last three yrs on the opener week and we killed em. 900 this yr in 6 days..You can go to fishingminnesota.com and get the resent fishing report. Also check the weather on weather.com for waskish mn.The lake is large and wind can play into it.You can camp at big bog state park waskish mn. If you go you won't be disappointed. You can only keep fish under 17inches. Can only keep two to bring home but eat all you want up there. Its canadian fishing in the usa. Just a thought. ..ps. I'm leaving for a canadian flyin for 7 day tomarrow morning...walleyes for days

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER View Post
    what would you all do.
    jeff the undecisive slayer
    I know where I would be going if I were you....right Lee?
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff come on over to Truman I'll be there from sunday morning till I leave friday morning Beagleman said he will be coming up on monday. I have the same camp site # A35 that I had last year at crappie camp at the core park. I can give you a crash course in pulling crank baits the way I do. I plan on going by the dam and kkk Island and troll for whites and stripers or what ever bites.

Post Thanks / Like

Monzingo lake up in Maysville has 'eyes also,never been there myself.

Krazy,sailboat cove?

Post Thanks / Like

greers fairy lake arkansas, or I talked to my neighbour sat. they are catching a few walley on table rock arround big M white river. nice one's 18to 25in. water is still high and it's crowded. Big Hill Lake in kansas one of the best looking crappie structure lakes I have seen in a while well the small part of the small lake that I fished looked good. Hope you guys find a good spot. dont think you will catch 900 walley seem like a lot of fish just to bring two home... 900 fish dont think I caught 900 fish in my life. 900 and only bring home 2 man what a deal

Post Thanks / Like

If Walleye is what you want than Stockton is the place to be. I keep in contact with the Walleye guys and they limited out last Saturday and Sunday. They are pulling cranks on main lake points. They are running the cranks shallow around 6 to 8 feet and having a ball.

Post Thanks / Like

thanx for all your guy's input...i knew you guy's would all come through. hey rick i'll shoot you my cell #... may just have to go to crankbait's 101 schooling i read table rock is doing well for walleye's. well that's in the k.c. star today. i have fished mozingo twice for crappie and walleye. did'nt get a walleye. lot of small crappie, hooked into some nice bass and big ol' gill's. we have decided not to drive through 3 or 4 state's. gas just keep's going up we are gonna start in kansas for the weekend and then were gonna assess the situation. may end up at truman or table rock or stockton. all i know is i'm on vacation start'n right now for the next 12 day's and i'm gonna enjoy every minute of it...(i hope:D)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by augiedog55 View Post
    If you want to catch those toothy critter and don't mind driving 12 hrs go to upper red lake mn. The fishing is awesome. I've been up the last three yrs on the opener week and we killed em. 900 this yr in 6 days..You can go to fishingminnesota.com and get the resent fishing report. Also check the weather on weather.com for waskish mn.The lake is large and wind can play into it.You can camp at big bog state park waskish mn. If you go you won't be disappointed. You can only keep fish under 17inches. Can only keep two to bring home but eat all you want up there. Its canadian fishing in the usa. Just a thought. ..ps. I'm leaving for a canadian flyin for 7 day tomarrow morning...walleyes for days
    thanx for the info, i was originally suppose to be heading back from my annual canada fly in trip. thing's did'nt work out so i did'nt make it. my buddy's all went though. they are on there way back as we speak. we have went through canoe canada in atikokan, ontario 4 time's doing the fly in's for day's. man it is hard to beat. 4 best fishing trip's i think i ever took, funwise and fishing wise. i'm jealous...good luck and be safe. ain't no one around if thing's go wrong. that was alway's kind of my worry...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast