Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: need help on where to fish next week

Post Thanks / Like

Question need help on where to fish next week

hello fellow fisherman. i need some input on were to go take my vacation. my buddy and i originally planned on taking off this saturday and fishing lake erie for the week for some big walleye and smallmouth. after talking to his brother who was gonna take us, he said the weather and wind might keep us off the water. my question is where can we go find some big walleye's? anyone got any suggestion's. now that we don't plan on going up to lake erie, it look's like we will be taking my little ol' 15 ft. aluminum boat, so big water is prolly out of the picture. anyone know were we can find some walleye's and big crappie all in one lake, maybe some smallie's. we were gonna drive 14 hour's or so to lake erie so driving is'nt a huge issue just had the blood boiling for some big eye's. thanx for any input or suggestion's fellow fishermen and fisherwomen

jeff the crappieslayer
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

I would probably go on up in Canada.
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on up to lake erie. If the waves are up, you can fish for smallmouth inside the breakwalls. Bass in any of the bays and perch just a few miles offshore. This is the best time of year to go after the walleye as the weather is more stable than any other time. We were out last friday and got 19 big walleyes before the wind picked up and we got off the water. Yesterday we went after perch and got 90. 3 limits of 10" and better yellow perch. If you feel you'll need a bigger boat or charter, go to this website and you'll find a lot of good guys to fish with. Ohio Game Fishing. Got to the forums. If you have to register, dont worry. It's free. I'm the same name there too.

Me and a couple buddys on erie and from erie.
    Last edited by chaunc; 07-16-2008 at 04:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

How about Minnesota's Lake of the Woods. Thay don't call it Walleye capitol of the world for nothing.