Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowrance Service

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance Service

I was reviewing sonar threads as I am thinking of upgrading electronics and saw a question regarding Lowrance service. I have owned Lowrance units since the 60's and recently had a X15-A paper graph re conditioned. I purchased the unit new when I was chasing green carp. The company that did my service is:
    PORT TRONICS INC
    1904 PIEDMONT HWY
    GREENVILLE, SC 29605
    864-299-1432
    [email protected]

I have used them several times over the years and they have always produced.
    If you have a Lowrance unit that needs repair an email to them could tell you if it is repairable.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully they are not as expensive as Lowrance for service!!

Shaun
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!

Post Thanks / Like

My Eagle 320 got moisture inside and the screen started fogging up with condensation making it almost impossible to see anything. I set it on the dash of my truck and it cleared up after one sunny day, but I guess the moisture done something to the circuitry and the unit started messing up.

I called Lowrance last Monday morning and finally got a service person after listening to elevator music for around an hour. (Monday mornings are not the best time to call any corporation)

The guy was very helpful and I shipped it to them the same day. Its still under warranty and won't cost me this time. I had bought it last November at BassPro in Oklahoma City, but they only exchange or do refunds on fishfinders for 30 days...........even with a receipt.

Only hassle with this deal is that they want you to return the transducer with the unit in case the problem is there. I figure its the moisture, but went ahead and sent it along too.

Thanks for the contact information for future use after my warranty expires.
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.