Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: East Fork Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default East Fork Crappie

Fished East Fork the last few weekends. Fishing has been good, not a lot of people on the water. I guess gas prices have slowed a lot of people down.

I have been catching crappie 10-18' deep. Starting to see a lot of 1" shad schooling up. Crappie have been feeding agressively below the shad.

Good Luck
    Starvin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eastfork

Noticed a ton of shad close to the surface on monday. Took me a minute to figure the bite.. The crappie were following the jig to the surface and I could watch the fish follow the jig on the sonar from 8 ft all the way up. Found it to be like playing a video game.

Post Thanks / Like

Any size to the fish? I haven't been to EF in quite awhile.

I was at Cowan 3 weeks ago, lots of fish but all dinks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default East Fork

Another good day on the water. We kept 25 for the freezer, none under 9". Our heaviest crappie was a 12" black crappie.

My buddy caught the first walleye that I have seen come out of East Fork. It was 20" and weighed around 3.5 lbs. Picked up a few stripers too. Water was at sumer pool and 80 degrees. If I go tomorrow I'll post another report.

Starvin

Post Thanks / Like

Default hey starvin

I'm on the lake now and I'm taking a break.. The fishing has been on fire today. I just caught crappie #60 and I can honestly say that I got bored catching them.. I have never caught so many crappie in a two hour period. Never heard of a walleye coming out of eastfork!

Last edited by JusFshn; 07-19-2008 at 07:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default hey starvin

oops!
    Last edited by JusFshn; 07-19-2008 at 07:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default hey starvin

oops again!
    Last edited by JusFshn; 07-19-2008 at 07:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been out on EF in a couple weeks. Gotta figure out my motor issues and fix 'em before I get it back out. Glad to hear someone is catching the crappie. I've never heard of a walleye at East Fork either. I have caught a lot of Sauger from the Little Miami below the lake all the way to the Ohio River, but not many walleye. Maybe the DNR screwed up and stocked walleye instead of muskies.....We couldn't be that lucky. I think EF could be a pretty nice walleye lake. It's deep with plenty of forage. Why not? At least walleye don't eat crappie!
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

tasty too!

Speckwick, what's wrong with the motor?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yep!

Knew there had to be a reason why SpeckWick wasn't posting.. Figured he was on the fish and didn't have time to waste.. Sounds like you just need to jack that boat up and put a new one underneath it.. I like that kinda talk..:p

About the walleye, I have been itching to get into them rascles... Got an Indiana license and a Brookville launch pass and I just don't know a thing about those fish.. Not many of them around Fla and Ga where I grew up.. None of them for that matter.. I'm going to lay off the crappie a couple trips this fall and give eyes a shot..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast