Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need Advice on a Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Question Need Advice on a Boat

I am looking at a used boat and since I don't know too much about boats I wondered if anybody here had any thoughts and/or advice.

The boat is a 1996 aluminum 14 ft Lowe (model 1410) with 3 swivel seats with a 2003 4 stroke 25 horse Mercury (Bigfoot model).

I mostly fish by myself or with one other person so I don't need much boat, as far as length.

Any opinions on this model of Lowe or of Lowe boats in general and/or this model of Mercury motor?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Lowe boats are good boats, 14' how big are the lakes you are fishing,and how much weight are you carrying in it

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to beat a mercury motor my man. In my opinion about the best outboards on the market but the man to ask is jaypayton he's a motor mechanic I'm sure he'll see your post and comment on it.

Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Default I use a 14ft Lowe's

I have a 14ft lowes with a 15 hp Force outboard. I put a swivel seat in the back & a seat up front. Got a 36lb thrust minn kota on the front and a little fish finder. The boat is great for 1-2 people. I live about 10 minutes from Red Bridge and fish all over Mississinewa. I made a live well out of a cooler that I keep in the middle of the boat. The only problem with the boat that I have is I won't take my little girls out in it on Mississinewa because of the idiots out there with big boats. My Lowe's has shallow sides and I am just not comfortable having them in it, but I fish with another adult with no problem.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 16ft lowe alum. boat a few years ago with a 75 hp merc. Great boat. I have since went to a larger fiberglass boat with a 200 merc. I would not own anything but a merc. outboard. And you can't go wrong with a lowe.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thanks to those who replied.

To Ken Kinser: Small lakes and one or two people and a dog. The boat has a wide beam (not sure exact measurement) and deep sides. No bench seats, but has three swivel seats. The floor is flat and carpeted with a raised deck on the bow (one of the seats is up there). Has a built in live well.

Will be taking it out this weekend on the water for a test spin.

Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Lowe Boat and really like it!!

Post Thanks / Like

merc 4-strokes good engines just make sure u drain carb when u put in on trailer,and run stable or sea foam in tank year round carbs have small jets and idle passages clog up fast with gas in them
    japayton6----:p