Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dog vs. Cottonmouth

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dog vs. Cottonmouth

Sunday evening I was fishing around the pond by the house. My German Shorthair Pointer decided to find a three foot cottonmouth. Before I could call her back she was on the snake, grabbing it and shaking it violently. After me screaming at her at the top of my lungs she dropped the snake. The snake was still alive... for the time being. It had its belly opened up and guts hanging out. I'm sure it didn't last long. I checked the dog over thoroughly and found no bites from the snake.

Post Thanks / Like

Scary,dog was looking out for you-give her a good treat tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cook View Post
    Scary,dog was looking out for you-give her a good treat tonight.
    I sure will. She is laying next to me right now. This dog has been a loyal companion of mine. A little hard headed at times, but I wouldn't give her up for anything. She is tougher than she looks, which at times is a bad thing, but I know she can take care of things.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jim arent all females a little hard headed sometimes, two and four legged ones, especially when it comes to fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polefisher View Post
    Hey Jim arent all females a little hard headed sometimes, two and four legged ones, especially when it comes to fishing
    You said it. The male I have, which is one of her off-spring, is just happy go lucky. Pretty much the complete opposite of her personality.

Post Thanks / Like

Our neighbor has 2 red dash hounds and they are copper head killers! When we pick blackberries they always kill a copper head or 2 .