Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Horseradish

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Horseradish

If you like hot stuff, try this. Go to your local Sam's club and in the refrigerated section where the sausage is, look for some Beer 'n Brat Horseradish Mustard. Now straight out of the bottle, this stuff will flat clear your sinuses. But mixed 50/50 with ketchup, it makes an excellent cocktail sauce for your fish.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up yup...

..."found" it about year ago...it will definitely kick up just about anything...some good stuff....I mix some in my homemade tarter sauce...mmmmm..good..
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Post Thanks / Like

I grow my own horseradish. I grind it with a little Kosher salt and white vinegar. Then we eat it as is on steaks or mix with with catsup and Worchestershire sauce for a zippy cocktail sauce. Happy to provide a start to anyone who wants to grow it, but it won't grow in the south as far as I know. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta
    I grow my own horseradish. I grind it with a little Kosher salt and white vinegar. Then we eat it as is on steaks or mix with with catsup and Worchestershire sauce for a zippy cocktail sauce. Happy to provide a start to anyone who wants to grow it, but it won't grow in the south as far as I know. - Roberta
    Your right, I tried to grow some here is SE VA but it didn't do well.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

It will absolutly make your nose athletic
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    I take straight Horseradish and mix it with ketchup to make shrimp cocktail sause and use that to eat cooked shrimp. I also like MMH. Mustard Manayse and Horseradish on my ham sandwitches. No wonder I get hearburn so often. LOL
    Gotta tell you this one. I have a lady barber. When she and her husband moved here from Colorado they went out and tried steamed shrimp for the first time. When their friend asked them how they liked the shrimp, they both said they didn't because they were too crunchy. It seems they didn't know you were suppose to shell them. :D

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I don't guess they cast for many shrimp in Colorado - I have seen alot of folks that order shrimp at a restaurant and the tails are still on them - they will crunch down the whole works - My self I like whole fish fried with the tails and eat the tails like taterchips - but never ate a shrimptail on purpose - now when there is to much cold medicine served with them shrimp we might have a few with the shells on - it all taste good then
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!