Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Table Rock 7/13 & 7/14

Post Thanks / Like

Default Table Rock 7/13 & 7/14

Got the new Trolling plate mounted Friday Night. Would not recommend The Cabelas Hydro Trol II for a 115hp 17.5ft Ranger 1760. Only slowed me down 0.5mph. Have to put out the drift sock to get down to 1.5mph.

Hit the Aunt's Creek and Little Aunt's Creek fingers and only caught one crappie. It was 14", but barely 1.5lbs. Caught 9 Bass and three blue gill on #4 Shad Raps Blue/Silver. Running the bait 12 - 15ft over 20 to 70 feet of water. No pattern to it. Just was hotter than hades and the fishing sucked.

It was better than being at work though!

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Kit, what kind of outboard are you running? I have been told that Mercury's position is if you drill through the cavitation plate for any reason it voids your warranty. Not sure if true.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

hi kit, it'll get better, hope to see you at patoka.

Post Thanks / Like

Cat,
    We'll see you there. I'm still planning on going.

Baker,
    Motor is a 2002 Yamaha Four Stroke I bought used and had to get it running. I never had a warranty with it.

I'm going to put on my three blade prop and see if I can get down to the speed I'd like without the drift sock.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Papermouth View Post
    Got the new Trolling plate mounted Friday Night. Would not recommend The Cabelas Hydro Trol II for a 115hp 17.5ft Ranger 1760. Only slowed me down 0.5mph. Have to put out the drift sock to get down to 1.5mph.

Hit the Aunt's Creek and Little Aunt's Creek fingers and only caught one crappie. It was 14", but barely 1.5lbs. Caught 9 Bass and three blue gill on #4 Shad Raps Blue/Silver. Running the bait 12 - 15ft over 20 to 70 feet of water. No pattern to it. Just was hotter than hades and the fishing sucked.

It was better than being at work though!

G.
    I bought the Trol-A-Matic Trolling Plate, haven't put it on yet, I hope I have better luck. I will be putting it on my 150 Yamaha, on a 18 1/2' G3 fiberglass boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope it works for you Plumber. I have some Modifications I'm going to make to the holding mechanism. The darn thing wouldn't stay in the up position, it would fall down and lock when I'd come to a stop to look at the humminbird. If I didn't stop to fish, I'd try to take off and it would bend (not shear) the shear pin. Then I'd have to tie it off to the motor to keep it from locking in the down position.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Papermouth View Post
    Hope it works for you Plumber. I have some Modifications I'm going to make to the holding mechanism. The darn thing wouldn't stay in the up position, it would fall down and lock when I'd come to a stop to look at the humminbird. If I didn't stop to fish, I'd try to take off and it would bend (not shear) the shear pin. Then I'd have to tie it off to the motor to keep it from locking in the down position.
    Greg, I think speck is running the one from Cabela's.
    I'm thinking Chris runs almost the same motor, maybe a little newer.
    John