Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: hueston woods

Post Thanks / Like

Default hueston woods

Dad and I are headed up to acton sat. evening. Temps in the upper 70's sunny and no wind. Bringing home a boatload... I'll let you all know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default We're heading there in the morning

If gas wasn't so high, we would probably go this evening and shore fish.
    Please let us know what the water temp is. Our fish finder died, so we won't be able to deteremine that tomorrow. Fishing reports from GLSM, Loramie and Indian Lakes have all reported the the water dropped back into the 40's last week. I'm hoping things aren't that bad at Acton.

Good luck. Hope we both catch a few. Ate my last crappie filet for lunch. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Hope you did better than we did

I caught a small crappie on my first cast (minnow 12" under a bobber along a laydown) and a little while later picked up my first saugeye from last year's stocking (just few more months, and they'll be keepers), but Doug got skunked and only few people we talked to caught anything.

As usual, the weather predictions didn't pan out and we fought a strong northerly wind the whole time (10 -2). It was hard to hold a spot. Also, we were flying blind since something is wrong with the fishfinder and just worked the spots we suauly find fish.. A guy we talked to as he passed by did tell us the water temp was 60 degrees at the surface.

I have to say I was surprised with the saugeye - it hit a craw colored tube on a 1/16 oz firetiger jig tipped with a minnow on a cast and retrieve. The way it fought, I thought I had a small bass until I pulled it out of the water. I didn't measure it, but I would estimate its size around 10 inches. - Roberta

Post Thanks / Like

Default Acton Lake.

Thanks for the update! I plan on hitting the lake the middle of the week. Things should warm up by then!
    Be carefull!
    Rick
    Formally: BoxingRef_Rick.

Post Thanks / Like

Default hueston woods

Dad and I went and fished sat evening caught 6 crappie only 2 keepers. Both keepers exactly 10 1/2". Water temp was about 59 or 60. most of the fish we marked on the finder were from 4-6feet. Next tues or wed will be the day to go. Wish I could. Good luck everybody

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Maybe we can get down there for a couple of hours Tuesday evening after Doug gets home from the office. - Roberta