Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For you old folks

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default For you old folks

Joint doctor recommended for me to get one of these because of wrist problems. Mouse bothers wrist after 30 minutes. TouchPad works good.

Should save some money with fewer cortisone shots.

Adesso --> Home
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Joint doctor recommended for me to get one of these because of wrist problems. Mouse bothers wrist after 30 minutes. TouchPad works good.

Adesso --> Home
    Trouble prolly started with you setting the hook on them Big Sandy crappie---
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

"For you old folks"

Adesso --> Home
    Tom, when does "old" start? I wanna be ready
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvjign View Post
    Tom, when does "old" start? I wanna be ready
    It starts when you have to buy your own gas and goes downhill from this point.

I base this on being told by my Dad that I was old enough to buy my own gas and that I was old enough to support myself.

Post Thanks / Like

It starts when you have to buy your own gas and goes downhill from this point.

I base this on being told by my Dad that I was old enough to buy my own gas and that I was old enough to support myself.
    Heck, I been experiencing it for a while, then. Gotta get youngins' ready for old now. Thing is, daddy gonna have to by their $5/gal. gas I'm fraid.......or.........make sure they got the electric-car battery charger pluged in every night.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

Tom, having a wrist hurt isn't fun. I have had surgery on both thumbs. Developed arthritis in both about two years apart. Got so sensitive I couldn't hold a sheet of paper between the thumb and forefinger. Had the dangdest surgery, the Doc cut a thin slice off the back of my ear on the respective side at the time, and implanted it in the joint where the thumb joins the wrist. Hope that's not your problem, but if it is, this is the fix for it. Now I just went off the topic of Crappie fishing. It was a big part of my ability to cast, reel, take fish off the hook before I had the surgeries, so there! Getting old is a booger! Not getting old is a worse one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toothpick View Post
    Tom, having a wrist hurt isn't fun. I have had surgery on both thumbs. Developed arthritis in both about two years apart. Got so sensitive I couldn't hold a sheet of paper between the thumb and forefinger. Had the dangdest surgery, the Doc cut a thin slice off the back of my ear on the respective side at the time, and implanted it in the joint where the thumb joins the wrist. Hope that's not your problem, but if it is, this is the fix for it. Now I just went off the topic of Crappie fishing. It was a big part of my ability to cast, reel, take fish off the hook before I had the surgeries, so there! Getting old is a booger! Not getting old is a worse one.

Yep. I survived the other option. Living long enough to get old is great. Now I wanna live long enough to get ancient.

Ment to add that this wrist crap is why I am trying to learn other methods of pole holding.
    Spider rigging...sucks...I ain't too good at it. I will get it.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 07-14-2008 at 09:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you ever buy your light gear?
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

have you tried a Bowling wrist brace and using a longer handle on your rods, rest the butt of the handle under your forearm and lift with your arm instead of your wrist. You can cast a lot further 2 handed. Works pretty good jigging too.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

St. Cloud, Fl on the Kissimme Chain of Lakes
    Post Thanks / Like

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U]

Yep. I survived the other option. Living long enough to get old is great. Now I wanna live long enough to get ancient.

Ment to add that this wrist crap is why I am trying to learn other methods of pole holding.
    Spider rigging...sucks...I ain't too good at it. I will get it.
    Here is something for you limp wristed old timers:D AFD Turboset | Arm Support for fishing
    I have been thinking about getting one for our long net. I think it would help my dad out. He has sore arms after ever tournament.
    TIGHT LINES AND KEEP YOUR BAIT WET

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast