Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kids and fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kids and fishing

I went to a cub scout fishing derby Saturday. The boys were fish and releasing. One kid caught 38 fish. Most of the fish were bluegill and most were 4" long. The kids had a blast. I take the boys out pretty often, but I'm thinking we really need to go fishing more often.

Last evening, I went to small lake at a state school. The bluegill are a fair size and fun to catch. A small car pulled up to dam. A bunch of students got out. They were laughing and pulling chairs and stuff out of the car. There were maybe 4-5 girls and 2 boys. When they got to where I was fishing, they asked if it was ok if they built a fire and grilled. I asked them what they were cooking and they said hot dogs and said I could come over and have one. They went down to the middle of the dam and the next time I looked they had put together fishing poles and were sitting by the lake fishing.

I wondered about the parents and grandparents who took these kids fishing and taught them to behave and be fine people. They could have been sitting in the dorms, playing Wii's or watching TV's.

As I was getting ready to leave, one of the young ladies ask if we'd had any luck. I told her about the four bluegill and catfish and wished her a good night.

Mary

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bet you had a great day! Thanks for sharing a "nice" look at society.
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day. Can't wait for my grand daughter to get old enough to go fishing, Grampa is gonna corrupt the kid BIG TIME!!!!!!!

The kids in my housing complex drive me nuts sometimes when I'm pouring sinkers and jigs, or making spinners. They love to go fishing, and Mom and Dad do but not often enough.

Nice to hear kids going fishing instead of sitting around in the dorms.

Fatman