Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Loz

Overland Park, SE Kansas and Lake of the Ozarks
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Loz

I'm heading from Colorado to fish for silvery slabs next week. What tips can you offer.

Lures
    Color
    Structure
    Depth

I'm located at the 25MM of the LOZ.

Last time I was there, which was about 3 weeks ago, the crappie were full of eggs and about a week away from the start of the spawn. Let me guess, the spawn is over?

Dennis King

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like Tan-Tara area

I was there 2 weeks ago and the cold weather shut them off some but I caught a good batch in the cove accross/diagnal from the 25mm marker. I cannot think of the name of that section of the lake (something Hollow) but you cannot miss the giant yellow boat ramp with a red S painted in the middle of it. If you can see any down trees fish them.

I fished around the docks in this cove and did pretty good on Black and Chart jigs and roadrunners. The fish were 6-8 Feet deep and were caught 20 feet out from the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

raintree is close and accurate except find them in more shallow water closer to the bank, maybe try a minnow in addition to the color he suggests. Good luck. water temp is warming as the water finally starts to warm.

Overland Park, SE Kansas and Lake of the Ozarks
    Post Thanks / Like

So I'm staying in Kinchlow Hollow cove (which is the cove with the yellow boat ramp). There are several little coves in there. Is the fishing pretty similar in all those? Fish around the docks, 20' out, 6'-8' of water with a jig tipped with minnow or nibble.

Dennis King

Post Thanks / Like

Thats the spot. I fished all those little coves pretty good but I did the best in that cove just behind those condo's (If you were comming in from the main lake) past the condo's on the left there is a house with a bright red speed boat and a big pontoon, very large boats. He has a Highway Traffic light up on his deck with all three light's lit up. (Green, Yellow & Red) Fish just in front of his jet ski's There is alot of cover sunk there and I did pretty good on that entire section of shoreline. If you look to the left there is a section of empty bank and a downed tree just up from him I caught a few off that tree and a nice Walleye there too.

Also caught a couple way back in the shallows of those coves in just a few feet of water casting a roadrunner branson bug in black/chart.

Good luck to you.

The warmer weather should have turned them on much better than when i was there..