Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trolling motor transducer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling motor transducer

I have a little tip to pass on about the front DF that I heard about many years ago back when I thought there was only one freshwater fish in the world, bass. Most of my fishing then as well as now is/was following creek beds in reservoirs and found that if your tilt your transducer forward a few degrees it makes following the creek a lot easier, kind of like shining a flashlight beam forward to see where you are going.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

SteveJ That's the way i run mine, Just a few degrees foward, Like you said it seem's to follow creek drop offs. Especially when your looking for deeper water that comes upquick to a shallow ledge where the crappie will be suspended and come up to feed in the shallow or spawn. iIthought the same thing kind of like shining a flashlight. I'm not sure whether it does any better or not. But it work's for me. ( Have one ever noticed on your DF all the fish are swiming to the left, but every time i fish on the left side of my boat i don't catch them... where did they go ) hehe,haha.

Post Thanks / Like

( Have one ever noticed on your DF all the fish are swiming to the left, but every time i fish on the left side of my boat i don't catch them-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Therefore for best resulst ==== Don't fish on the left side...... :D

Post Thanks / Like

SteveJ thats the exact way that I have mine rigged up. I fish the same way you do and it does make a difference when following a creek.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Cane Pole or another mechanical genius can figure out a way to mount the transducer on a robotic swivel device and attach it to the trolling motor. Then using a remote control device you would be able to remotely turn the transducer forward, backwards and to the left and right of the trolling motor.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default transducer

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Maybe Cane Pole or another mechanical genius can figure out a way to mount the transducer on a robotic swivel device and attach it to the trolling motor. Then using a remote control device you would be able to remotely turn the transducer forward, backwards and to the left and right of the trolling motor.
    All you have to do is turn the trolling motor to look in that direction.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

With the Matrix 37, with the viewer in the plan view you can also tell. If the fish is left, right or below you.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Steve,
    Thanks for the tip. I just put one on my trolling motor. Before I go out I will give it a tilt.
    THANKS!
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

have seen some scanning sonars used by commercial (saltwater) fishermen -
    think Cabelas even carried a few years back, but hold on to your wallet!
    Not surprisingly, they dropped them - if I remember correctly, they started
    above 2 grand and went up quick from there!
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    They already have them. Bottom Line makes or at least use to make sidefinders. I had my xducer on a mount that clamped to the side of the boat. You could turn it in any direction you wanted. It was really great for looking under piers or into brush. It died and I never looked into replacing it.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast