Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Fork Crappie Fishing in July 08

crappieman49 Guest

Default Lake Fork Crappie Fishing in July 08

Here it is in July and the crappie are really turning on. We caught these crappies in early morning July 5th around 7:30 am to 10:30am. We went to Little Caney on Lake Fork and we have a brush pile out on a secondary point in about 24' of water just off the drop off. It's a nice point that from the bank out to the tip of the point at 27' is only about 150 feet off the bank. If you are planning to build you a brush pile, find a point that has a creek coming close by. You have to remember that a creek is a crappies highway, so they are always looking for a safe haven such as a large brush pile, the bigger the better. Ours stands from the bottom at 24' to the top of the brush pile is 19' so ours stands 5' off the bottom in a 13' X 13' square, our mix is a combination of christmas trees & willow trees anchored with concrete blocks on stainless steel cable.

I like to share with you up to date fishing outings to help make you a better fisherman or woman, it really doen't matter what part of the country you are in as the seasons change crappie will go deeper in the summer time, they are looking for that 73 to 75 degree water. I hope that this has given you some insite as to where to can find crappie. A good tip for you is before you go to the lake get you a map of the lake you are going to and research all points on the lake. Look for the points that have a faster drop off thats close to a creek and you will be in business before you even get there. You will have a plan of action that will allow you to catch more fish in the future, it doesn't matter what you are fishing for it could be bass, largemouth or smallies a good point whether its a primary or secondary point it is the bomb! For more infomation for your next crappie fishing trip please visit our site at [url=http://www.fishingforcrappie.com].

Thanks
    Robert
    Last edited by crappieman49; 07-13-2008 at 09:31 AM. Reason: I make sure all info is correct