Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappiepappy

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappiepappy

CP, Our old friend "Killer" came thru my neck of the woods Friday...He said that compared to previous years Watts Bar had been terrible this year...In fact, so bad that he sold his boat..Can you imagine Killer without a boat?..Oh well, things change I guess..Thought you might be interested in this..

Are you & Paul ready for a trip in October? I sure do miss WB..
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Ain't no worse ....

Quote Originally Posted by DonG View Post
    CP, Our old friend "Killer" came thru my neck of the woods Friday...He said that compared to previous years Watts Bar had been terrible this year...In fact, so bad that he sold his boat..Can you imagine Killer without a boat?..Oh well, things change I guess..Thought you might be interested in this..
    Are you & Paul ready for a trip in October? I sure do miss WB..
    than what's been going on around here. My local lake isn't doing much, either.
    Yes, I'm ready for WB Paul & I are thinking on late Oct, this year, to avoid the sad results of last time. Maybe the weather/water will cool off more, by then, and the Black Crappie will be waiting at the docks :D
    If it's another long hot Summer ... we may wait until Nov, but will have to see about available accomodations, that late in the year. Did pretty good at the "slide", last time I fished WB in Nov.

Tell Killer that we said "hey", next time you talk with him.

... cp

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Something to think about......Do you think it would be worth it for the 4 of us to rent one of the cabins at Arrowhead? Could you & Paul put up with Blackie?..You know he likes to cook and I really miss "Ole Blackie's" cooking when we stay in the motel part..I don't know if the cabins are equipped with cooking facilities...

Just something to think about....
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Wow people talking about WB. I love that lake, me and the wife are thinking about going up in the fall, you know to see the "Fall folliage". We own sum land and a dock on the lake, you guys are welcome to come and shoot my dock at Crystal Cove any time, maybe we can get the chance to see you all up there.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey Don ...

I'll see what Paul thinks about it, and get back with you. I'm not so much worried about us being able to "put up with" Blackie, as I am about you guys being able to sleep thru Paul's snorring :D ... I might have to have a room to myself in order to be able to sleep, if all three of you start "sawing logs" ... LOL!!

I'm pretty sure the cabins are fully equipped, so cooking wouldn't be a problem. It would probably just depend on "when" we went, and whether or not the restaurant was still open ... or even if Arrowhead itself was open.

I'll be in touch.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Wink That's a possiblity ....

Quote Originally Posted by wbl2014 View Post
    Wow people talking about WB. I love that lake, me and the wife are thinking about going up in the fall, you know to see the "Fall folliage". We own sum land and a dock on the lake, you guys are welcome to come and shoot my dock at Crystal Cove any time, maybe we can get the chance to see you all up there.
    that would depend on when went, where we end up staying, where we fish, and where your dock is located.
    Isn't Crystal Cove a subdivision up by Rockwood ? You planning on putting a house on your land, when you retire and return to WBL ?? What cove/creek is the dock located ?? We may have fished it before, already :p

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

CP, yes that is the place, it is up Kings Creek on the left as you are going in. Still have to put in 6 more years at the Fire department down here in Bonita Springs FL. Then yes we do plan to build a house up there and start fishing. Thats what the name is about, WBL2014.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation That'll be a nice place to be ...

Quote Originally Posted by wbl2014 View Post
    CP, yes that is the place, it is up Kings Creek on the left as you are going in. Still have to put in 6 more years at the Fire department down here in Bonita Springs FL. Then yes we do plan to build a house up there and start fishing. Thats what the name is about, WBL2014.
    ... once you get there (2014). I've fished King's, the cut going into the creek, the docks and hump at the mouth, and the pocket on the right of the mouth of it. Caught some good fish in that area ... LMB, SMB, Crappie, etc. ... over the years I've fished at WB. But, I have moved my "areas of operation", from that area down to the Whites Creek area. More docks in a more localized area than up around Thiefneck Island area. I'd probably still run up there and fish that area, if I was fishing from a little faster running boat :D but my partners Tracker TX17 w/50hp Merc doesn't run as fast (or as fuel efficient) as my (previous) boat. That's why I'm always suggesting to people that are thinking about buying a boat, to get the max hp motor the boat's rated for

Take care and stay safe ... and maybe we'll see ya on WB, one of these days.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Paul snores? Really? LOL!