Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: new tires

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default new tires

your new tires arenot alwayes new .

ABC News
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Checked our vehicles. All the tires on my truck were manufactured in 2007. On my wife's car two were from 2004, one from 2007 and the other didn't have a date.

This story is a real eye opener. It is one thing I never would have thought a person had to worry about. Thanks for posting it.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

the one with no date stamped on it was probabley one made in another country . they don`t care if it is safe or not . not menny cars in most other countrys . japan especialey . they are so crowded you can`t git no speed :D mostley bicyckles and rikshaws . from what i hear about germaney you better have good tires.

Post Thanks / Like

What I don't understand is that the tire with no date stamp is the same brand as all the other tires. It was on there when we bought the car. The one with 2007 was a replacement we had put on late last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for this thread. I had no Idea this was an issue. When I get home tomorrow I'll be checking all my tires. As a father and husband, I fee it's my responsibility to keep my family safe. I'd hate to know something happened to my family cause of something I could have prevented.
    To heck with work, lets go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

the one with no date migh be becouse they wer car mfg. specials and not a stor stock . i was looking at a tire at a used tire plac and one i looked at didn`t have a date stamp on it most did .

Post Thanks / Like

That is shocking, thanks Papa for posting this.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, that just ain't right. I'll be checking them for sure. THANK YOU, Papasage, for posting that.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net