Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jordan Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Question Jordan Lake

Anyone out there hitting Jordan lake this time of year? Had a great time through out the winter, and wanted to try this summer. Do they still hold under the farrington road Bridge?
    Thanks for any help
    Smokie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jordan Lake

I fished Jordan quite a bit this spring, but choose not to deal with the heat and the sun. Tried that night fishin' stuff the guys from Wylie do all the braggin about, but I didn't bother to post our 3 lifters. Farrington Bridge was the spring hot spot, but I don't know about the summer. I'll be hookin' up the Triton in September and will post results if anybody out there is watching.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chief
    I fished Jordan quite a bit this spring, but choose not to deal with the heat and the sun. Tried that night fishin' stuff the guys from Wylie do all the braggin about, but I didn't bother to post our 3 lifters. Farrington Bridge was the spring hot spot, but I don't know about the summer. I'll be hookin' up the Triton in September and will post results if anybody out there is watching.
    We're not braggin--just tellin ya like it happens. C'mon down for the Nitestalkers Ball on Oct 16 and we'll show ya all about it.
    Nice to see some posts from other lakes.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Posting the numbers of what we catch aint the issue. If it was, the past few trips out wouldnt make the news . whats more important is the ones thats posting, wether they catching or not, helps everyone else whose fishing and reading the boards.. we gain a lot of insight on what the fish is doing just by reading the post of those thats giving up info after a trip. wether we barge up or gather in one boat and go out, theres a lot of braggin going on, but its on different issues than we talk about on here. . Ive fished with a good many of the guys that posts thats good fishemen and is good with seeing the night bite and ive NEVER seen one of em brag . they dont have to, because i will brag on em instead. the rooster thats good dont have to crow on himself, as other roosters will do the crowing for him. when we get together we have a great time and enjoy ourselves and this tournament will hopefully bring more of us together so we can meet and socialize with the guys that posts, or reads and dont post. im sure theres folks on here thats catching more than we do, which aint much right now, but dont post cause they aint got magic numbers to talk about. its a tough time right now, as everyone whose fishing is aware of. so if you fishing and reading, then tell us about it, whatever the results are, as everyone here would like to know what you done, wether high numbers is involved or not. heavy stringers to all.....
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jordan Lake

Hey Lake Wylie guys- No offense intended. I enjoy the hell out of all your stories. And I appreciate the time you spend keeping everyone updated on the bite and other aspects of your midnight revelries. I would really like to come down for the big tournament and meet some of you guys. Anybody who drinks Mexican beer has to be all right.

Chief

Post Thanks / Like

Hey chief, i hadnt thought about being offnesive. sometimes its hard to say something in words that can be interpreted the way it was meant by the writer. sorta like ten preachers taking one verse out of the bible and each one interpreting it a different way and preaching ten entirely different sermons on it. I like reading the posts from other lakes a lot. gives me the itch to travel a bit. we aint doing too good at night right now and when i read about good catches from other lakes makes me itch like i had spent the night rolling in a bed of posion ivy. i been hearing the trollers doing pretty good so with a few adjustments of some rod holders and the discarding of about a ton of night time eqipment and empty beverage containers from the beast we gonna give em a try tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

one of the crew left a couple coronas in my cooler on a previous trip out and the owner not being around, well the temptation was too great and i crumpled. One of those coronas cost about as much as what i can get six of the rockgut i have to settle for, but the previous owner is demanding 12 rockguts for it. I tell you, this crew that mans the beast has no feelings for the captain....

Post Thanks / Like

Smokie,
    I fish Jordan semi-regurlarly throughout the year. Farrington point is definately the place to be almost anytime of year as far as i am concerned. My better catches come in the fall from around the bridge, but i also do well in the summer..... after dark.....under lights. I don't know how many fish you consider good numbers, but we usually have 60 or 70 in the boat by 1am. usually fish minnows at different depths untill i find what depth theyre biting. good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    Tightlines to everyone