Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Secret Of Finding Big Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Secret Of Finding Big Crappie

Just wondering if any of you pros would share what kind of techniques or secrets you use to locate big crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swampdaddy View Post
    Just wondering if any of you pros would share what kind of techniques or secrets you use to locate big crappie?
    Secret?? Well, I will tell you how I got mine on the wall. Pull up to a spot you have caught fish before. Put in a dip of snuff and open a Dr Pepper. Then wait. That was my technique; the rest of it was dumb luck.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Man...I used to love the old Dr. Peppers in the green glass bottles, get them ice cold in the old drink coolers..that cooled them in water......they seemed like they had a much better taste than the ones today...whatcha think Drpepper?

Post Thanks / Like

jan., feb., march: titeline jigs and minnows on pre-spawn locations. fish shallower and slower than ya think ya should. when ya catch a biggun, stop and set there for a while. april, may: flatline spawnin flats faster than ya think they can catch it. june-dec: cast hair jigs and plastics to rock piles, brush piles, drop offs, laydowns that reach deep water. ends of RR beds and road beds that break into the channel. same thing, if ya catch a biggun, stop; fish that spot 45 mins. to and hour. have set on such spots many times only catchin 1 every 45-60 mins...but when they average over a 1 1/2lbs, with the occasional 2-3lber, makes it woth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever you get to a location, no sooner get set-up.....and work calls, there's an emergency.......or when the little woman is ready to deliver and INSISTS you be there......that's where the large crappie were

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRPEPPER View Post
    Secret?? Well, I will tell you how I got mine on the wall. Pull up to a spot you have caught fish before. Put in a dip of snuff and open a Dr Pepper. Then wait. That was my technique; the rest of it was dumb luck.
    DP
    I think it had to be the dip. Why drink Dr Pepper when you could have Mountain Dew?:D

Post Thanks / Like

Dr.Pepper has no prune juice in it
    snopes.com: Dr Pepper and Prune Juice
    2018 Tracker Super Guide 40hp 4 Stroke
    Garmin Striker 7sv
    Minn Kota Powerdrive with iPilot
    Marine Raider Rod Holders Modified for Versatrack

Post Thanks / Like

isolated structure. if you can find it, usually it's money.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Swampdaddy ...

Quote Originally Posted by swampdaddy View Post
    I ain't got but two suggestions, to up your odds of catchin bigguns :

Fish in a lake known for them. :D
    Be the first one there (to the spot where they're most likely to be, at that time).

Seriously though, I've caught big Crappie ... using the same baits, same sized baits, same techniques, same colors, same places, and same time of year that I've caught small ones. But, my two suggestions do have a certain amount of merit to them. :D

... cp

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Chicken...I never heard that rumor about Dr. Pepper having prune juice

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast