Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New lights are a reality finaly

Post Thanks / Like

Default New lights are a reality finaly

Just an FYI update on the new line of lights we have been developing and some improvements that should be of interest to this crowd. Here is a link to a flyer on the first version.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...tEyeflyer2.jpg
    We will also be making these with green lights in place of the moon glow (blue). The part that should be of interest to this crowd the most though is the ability of this new light to be attached to the boat below the waterline. The UV from this light can illuminate lures 100' away with almost no visible light to spook fish. Suspended particulates will effect the range and the 100' mark is based on an average lake condition. Your flourescent lures will be very visible to the fish as UV A has the best water penatration of all light.
    Happy to answer any questions as we now have a ton of knowledge on lights.

Post Thanks / Like

i got to take a look at these lights above.... they were quite impressive. the green crappie light was FAR MORE bright than any of the 18 inch optitronics i have or the hydroglow, and the amp draw was so dang low

the other lights he has were awesome as well

i was just really really impressed

suey

Post Thanks / Like

Well if you want me to buy one I am going to have to take a look at it to. Will look forward to some pics of the light instead of just a flyer.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a try at a quick pic. The graphic gurru is doing good ones for the web site but this should get you an idea.

The watertight toggle is being replaced with mill spec push button.

It measures 4 inches in total length.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Cholla Jigs
    Here is a try at a quick pic.
    The watertight toggle is being replaced with mill spec push button.

It measures 4 inches in total length.

How much do they sell for?

And do you connect them to the battery via an alligator clip or something???
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GABoy
    How much do they sell for?

And do you connect them to the battery via an alligator clip or something???
    They come with a standard lighter plug in but can also be ordered with the direct mounting plug for the side of the boat. The costs is around the same as a cheap graph. Suggested retail is $250 but will likely be less. Before I hear the nay sayers due to price let me explain that you will not break or burn these lights out. During the demo we literaly drive a 16 penny nail through a 2x4 whith it while its on, and then toss it in a pail of water. All electronics are potted in place. Unless you cut the plug and wire it backwards to the battery or take a hammer to one of the quartz lenses you cannot hurt this light.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Cholla Jigs
    They come with a standard lighter plug in but can also be ordered with the direct mounting plug for the side of the boat. The costs is around the same as a cheap graph. Suggested retail is $250 but will likely be less. Before I hear the nay sayers due to price let me explain that you will not break or burn these lights out. During the demo we literaly drive a 16 penny nail through a 2x4 whith it while its on, and then toss it in a pail of water. All electronics are potted in place. Unless you cut the plug and wire it backwards to the battery or take a hammer to one of the quartz lenses you cannot hurt this light.
    Interesting indeed.....was the intent to use them to hang over the side to attract baitfish???
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing lights

I don't mean to rain on anyone’s parade here. These lights look neat and compact. However, $250 dollars or even half, that is a lot to spend on a fishing light.

I for one, don't night fish that much, and when I do it’s around docks that have lights mounted on them and turned on.

A cursory glance through my BPS catalog and quick internet search shows most lights presently on the market are less than $100 dollars with the most expensive being about $135.00.

Granted these are either incandescent or neon, But you can but a lot of bulbs for the price of this L.E.D. unit. Maybe the fisherperson, who only goes at night, is willing to drop that kind of cash. For me, it's too much.

Bottom line, the units are worth what the public will pay for them.

Jumping Cholla Jigs, Good luck with your new product. Let us know what you decide as a final price.

FP67

Post Thanks / Like

Any ideas on what the " likely be less" price may be? I like to fish at night during the summer with lights but not sure I want a light hanging off the side of my boat that is worth more than any one rod that I own.

Just my two cents!

Shaun
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!

Post Thanks / Like

Granted this light is not cheap, nor is it cheap to produce or cheaply made. We have made them bullet proof and these are not designed to attract baitfish. If you remember a past post regaurding the green lights we where working on, we have them also and will be marketing them shortly. The expensive part of this light is the UV lighting devices. They are ground from quartz and an expensive item. Our margins are not high on this product.
    The Extreme output green lights will be out soon also at a substantialy lower cost, but will not have a UV output at all. They draw plankton/shad but will do very little to illuminate your lures at depth. The green lights will also be built to the same high standards and last a lifetime.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast