Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Grill Sale Last Night - Free Dropoff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grill Sale Last Night - Free Dropoff

Got pretty windy on this neck of the Glaize last evening with the storm. First pic shows the grills from the 5th and 9th floors of our complex that took a little ride. The grill and furniture from the first floor joined them, too.

Second pic shows the railing on the 9th floor where the grill blew out:

And the last pic is what was happening on the lake. Some serious wind and waves caused Dock 10 to break loose and run into Dock 9, as well.

Heck of a storm. With that, back to fishing. At least, I figure there's probably some new structure in this area now.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by LOZcrappie; 07-09-2008 at 07:33 AM.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Glad everyone is OK. Hard to believe the railing up there, from straight line winds. Find any baby backs any where around?
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Glad everyone is OK. Hard to believe the railing up there, from straight line winds. Find any baby backs any where around?
    That's funny, Frosty -- no I didn't find any meat on those grills or on the ground. I'll have to go check that out now -- I didn't have breakfast yet.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Scott,

Thanks for the pics. What complex is your condo? We didn't get any big wind over here at our place by Camdenton, just a bunch of rain. You would have thought it was Thursday?!?
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

We're at Parkview Towers, Mark. Go under GG bridge toward State Park and instead of going right at The Moorings toward Party Cove/Lazy Days, you bear left into our cove. The paper says it was narrow band of straight-line winds basically from Lazy Days over toward this area. It was like nothing I've ever seen, that's for sure.

We were actually down your way yesterday, Mark. We took our daughter and a friend to Ha Ha Tonka. They really enjoyed it.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

Post Thanks / Like

Dang man glad that wind left Truman Lake alone frosty your nuts baby back ummmmmmmm ribs

Post Thanks / Like

kinda reminds me of the some of the frat party's way back in the day,,,,,,but thats another story,,,glad you are ok,,,fuzz
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER