Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: July 4th weekend at camp

Post Thanks / Like

Default July 4th weekend at camp

Got off of work and in bed by 6am July 4th.
    Up by 11am to pack for camp.
    On the road by 130pm, I think, LOL.
    Up to camp by 330pm, still time to get wet before dinner time.
    Nice little beach in front of camp this year, kewl.
    Even too the kids down and caught 2 rockbass and let them reel him in a few times. LOL.
    Dinner then, launch and dock boat.
    Still had time to drive down to Piseco Lake to watch the fireworks at 930pm.
    Breezy just right, no mosquitoes, only thing was, there was a tree that hung out from the bank from where the viewing area was. They were still kewl.
    Back at camp by 1030pm, son in bed and coals still hot in the fire pit from the sister-in-law and husband and their 3 year old, from having Smore's. Got the fire going again and my wife and I had a good quite time by the fire. I also partaked in a few marshmallows too, no smore's, just 4 mellows, yum.
    But my wife to bed at 1130pm and took the canoe out for an hour, just right out in front of camp with my secret night time weapon.

"BROKEN-BACK JITTERBUG"

And let me just tell ya, MURPHY was in the canoe with me. I hung into a killer smallie and didn't have the net in the canoe with me. That is right, I canoed over to the boat, got my 2 light rods and tie a jitterbug and torpedo on and didn't take the net. But, I still got to see him before he went down under the canoe and shuck the hook loose. If I had the net, I had him right to the canoe. I was down on my knees and even had my sleeve pulled up so I could grab him. But, it ended in the one that got away. Totally fun fishing.

Back to camp and in bed by 130am. "How Hard Do You Play?"
    But, I did mange to get a nice rockbass that I'll show you here.
    These are the pictures from Friday, July 4th 2008

And I even had time to take a few pictures of the fox glove flowers on the hillside while everyone else was taking a quick boat ride in my father in-laws bow rider.

You ever wonder what this bumblebee sees.
    Is that cool or what?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, July 5th 2008

After getting up, cup of coffee, ride into town, getting my dad a kewl t-shirt at the dept. store in town.
    Lunch, out in the boat fishing with the whole family.
    Got some kewl new shot of Lady with her 1st fish. She doesn't want anything to do with them when they are on the deck, but if they are in the air or held out for her, she could careless.

Got into a ton of perch, I could have keep about 3-5 out of 20 of them, but no need to mess with them.
    Even got a nice pumpkinseed, you can see our son in the water. He was swimming around the boat while I was fishing.

My wife hung out on the back deck sunning and reading her Historical Saratoga book. She even netting a nice pickerel for me, but here is a nice one that my son reeled in.

I just love my new lip grabbers that I got last Father's Day, they work GREAT.

Headed back in for an early dinner, then to town for ice cream and parade, then over to Cherry Beach for fireworks show #2. We teamed up with sister in-law, husband, and their 2 kids for this nice outing. The parade was great, kids had a great time, candy was thrown out during. Fireworks !!!!!
    Back to camp and kids in bed by 1030pm and I was out in the bass boat this time. Had a few killer blow ups and 2 hook ups that got spit and thrown out with there aerial display. Moved to a new spot and caught a nice smallie and got this one to the boat, LOL.

A few rockbass and back to camp for some sleep. Back in bed at 130am with having to come home today.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, July 6th 2008

Woke up to eggs, bacon and toast, yummy.
    Pulled the boat out. Got it charging back up. Swimming shorts on and went tubing with my wife for a little while. Father in-law pulled us in his nice bow rider. Afterwards we all went over to the swimming hole, anchored up and floated for a while. BBBRRRR after a while, then we laid on the boat for a little while. Headed back to camp and played at our beach for a bit. I got Lady out in the water for a little while. She just runs out then you let her, but she let me rinse her coat and get some of the hair off of her.
    Packed everything up, boat charged, covered, ready for vacation.
    Dinner, dessert and back home with some daylight to spare.

Till next time.
    Fish On!
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman
    NAFC Life Member & field tester
    Take a child fishing today, for smiles that last a lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like an awesome weekend!!!! You're getting pretty handy with that camera of yours! Nice photos! We're heading up to the N. ADKS next week - going nuts waiting for next week to get here!!

Post Thanks / Like

WTG Wayno........... Look at my thread of my 4th of july weekend......

Zeke
    Take a kid fishing.... They will never forget it..Makiplastic.com