Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lifejacket safety for my 2 yr old

Post Thanks / Like

Default lifejacket safety for my 2 yr old

bought a lifejacket for his size and bouyancy req. very sure i got the right one. we go for a little ride in our ''new to us'' boat. we stop so momma can water her feet and i am playin w/the boy so i lower him into the water over the side to get him a little wet and try out the vest...HE WOULD DROWN IN THIS PIECE OF CRAP'' . as i lower him in im checkin floatation and it rolls him over onto face down in the water. i cant even MAKE it roll him onto his back.
    its an approved vest but ill be findin him somethin else before next trip thats fer sure...

anyone ever exp this on a childs lifevest...i think hed be better off w/o it

Post Thanks / Like

My wife has bought vests for the little ones she teach's swimming lessons to. She had the ones where the neck collars are supposed to flip the child onto their back to keep the face out of the water, to her they really bite. If the vest you bought him has the neck collar that's supposed to roll him over get rid of it, most don't work.

Take that vest back and keep buying until you find one that works right. And make sure he has swim lessons too, and even after still use a vest.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Man that would scare the crap out of you. I have a 2 year old and have never really tried the life jacket out like that. Typically I will take him to the beach and he has some other floaties that he will use...But I am gonna double check that now, because you have me worried it would do no good if he happened to fall out of the boat! Good luck on finding another one that works.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have kids, but that'd put the fear into me as well! If no one (on staff here) minded, you need to post the brand so someone else wouldn't have to learn about this.....possibly at the cost of one of their little ones.......

Post Thanks / Like

We have a life jacket for our 2 year old that works like a life jacket should, I'll try to see what brand it is tonight and let you know, it might help you find one for your son.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the one we found to be a favorite. We've had several kinds and this one was the most durable allowing the most freedom of movement.

It's the yellow coated vinyl one like this. Not sure how big your child is, but this one lasted years and is as good as new now. It's just too little now. I NEVER had to worry about my baby in the water with it. Of course, I never let my 2 year old float in any water without me right next to them.

Later on, as seen in this picture they could just relax and float. This was her last year using it.

This is one like it listed in Overtons.

"Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Subject!!!

Excellent Thread!!! AP, I was gonna ask how small of a child these fit, but just done a google search, and it shows a very small child with one on. U.S.C.G. Approved Super-Soft Swim-Vest It's time to shop for at least two of these.
    This one claims to be safe too...........http://pooltoy.com/wathlija.html
    Last edited by luvjign; 07-07-2008 at 06:33 PM.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My granddaughter has one like Anchorpuller is showing....its done been tested....the same way the lovely young lady is using this one.

Post Thanks / Like

wife got it somewhere. ill be lookin fer another thats fer sure. i just wanted to put it out there. if he falls out by the time ya get turned around or if something happens and yer child ends up in the water its a piece of mind to know he will float face up. my little boy can float but probly not if hes panickin while alone in the water. it only takes a second to fill up yerself with water when yer screamin fer daddy.

just hopin to bring a little lite out to avoid a tragedy...

thanks for postin some proven units as well.. my family appreciates it

Post Thanks / Like

Very good information!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast