Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: biosonix

Post Thanks / Like

Default biosonix

Has anyone tried the biosonix on crappie? I see testimony on it being a good tool in bass fishing (mostly by pros), but not much on crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Two years ago I got one of the things and have used it under certain conditions. I read a bunch of articles and one in Crappie magazine and most were really favorable. In the article in the magazine the guy, who was a guide and I can't remember his name, said he was using it to work a deep bluff for crappie. He went down the bluff with it on and caught 10 fish, went back with it off and caught 3. He made several passes like that and with it on the caught about double.
    I have used it when spider rigging mostly and it seems to help some. This spring we were on Kentucky lake and fishing is two boats. My friend and I were both spider rigging with 6 poles each and using almost identical baits. It was a really tough day and I had something like 15 or 16 keepers and he had 5 or 6. We both had 797 depth finders and were running the same speed. depth etc. That was the only difference we could see.
    I wouldn't recomment anyone on a limited budget spending the kind of money they ask for because I don't think it makes a huge difference all the time. For instance, when they are in the bushes you don't need it. I'm going to try it night fishing soon and will post what I find. I've about gotten the depth finder under control, or at least think I have and will strart experimenting with different programs on this and see what happens. If you have the money and want another toy, go for it. It's like anything else I've found in fishing. It will take some work and experimenting to get the most out of it. I do feel from my limited experience that there is something to it and it helps, but I can't give specific scientific data to back it up.
    Hope that helps.
    By the way, when I first got it and used it a couple of times it got where it would not take a charge. I called the company and they replaced the unit immediately (within 4 days). They give really good service.

A day late, a dollar short and two drinks behind.

Post Thanks / Like

I read the same article in Crappie Magazine and between my fascinations with electronics and crappie fishing, it was the perfect combination to sucker me in. I have really not had the time to sit down and be patient with it and try different programs. I have always just basically used the program tested supposedly with success for panfish and have noticed little or no difference in my fishing success. Like you, the first unit I had, the battery went worthless in no time but the company exchanged it for a new one without any problem (I was still out shipping and insurance to mail it but what's another $25 on top of $699!!). Have you had time to experiment with it anymore? Would appreciate advice if perhaps I am using the wrong program, too much volume, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using it pretty steady since I got it. If I get on a concentration of fish or if they are in the shallows I usually don't have it on. So mostly I use it spideer rigging or trolling when fish are scattered. It seems to work. I can turn it off and fishing will slow down. Turn it back on and it will pick back up. Understand that slow down and pick up are relative in this situation. Could be no fish at all 'slow down' and a couple of fish a pass 'pick up'.
    I went to the manual and loaded the program for crappie in 10 ft of water. If I am in deeper water I turn up the volume. This is the program I use almost always for crappie. I put a post-it note under the lid with a list of the programs and what they are for. Not exactly scientific but what the hey. Like you I am a sucker for electronics. That can probably be traced back to the fact that I bought one of those 'stupid' green boxes when they first came out in the 60's and they were awfully expensive, at least compared to my pay at the time. It worked out so well I guess I got hooked.

Post Thanks / Like

I won one in a tourny a few years ago and tried it a couple of times, and could not tell any defference. It was too big and just in the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Buyer beware! Used one with a buddy and the thing got on my dadgum nerves the whole time. Every so often it sounded like someone having a colon blow. Really! If that attracts fish, I am going to bring my dad out there after a night of burritos and beans, attach a megaphone to his ars, and sit him on the edge of the boat. Waste of money, buy a new fish finder.

Post Thanks / Like

Works great if your after whiskered fish. Cat's seem to love them but I couldn't tell if they work on crappie. Won one in a tourney and used it a few times them sold it. Caught more fish with out it because I was fishing and not screwing with it. My $.02
    www.Crappiepredator.com
    www.Rendlakefishingguides.com
    618-472-4763

Post Thanks / Like

What is a biosonix? Hate to show my ignorance, but I haven't heard of this.

Post Thanks / Like

It's an electronic unit that has an underwater speaker to broadcast the sound of predator fish feeding on bait fish. Supposed to trigger a feeding response.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeepster, You are right about the sound. There is a way to turn off the speaker in the box, which I usually do, and it still goes to the speaker in the water. As I said in the first post and especially now with this economy, I probably would put the money into something else for fishing. I got it so I use it. I don't spend a lot of time messing with it. If I were a guide and depended on fish for a living I probably would invest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast