Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salt Water Gathering '08 (14 pictures)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Salt Water Gathering '08 (14 pictures)

Well we had another fun get together this year. I hope everyone that came down over or across had a good time. I really enjoyed visiting with old friends and meeting new ones.

I started the gathering a day early with my mom and dad. We went down to Rockafeller to catch some crabs and shrimp for friday night.

After a late start friday we were able to get on the water and do a little fishing before the rain storms chased us off.
    Here is LaFishNut with his first speck, it was just a little to small to keep.

SportCity with a croaker.

Deacon with a small drum.

My son with a red that was right at the size limit but we went ahead and released it.

And you know I have to catch a flouder! lol (Yea Markham it was at the same place)
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Continued

A few shots of the "eat" friday night. I hope yall all enjoyed the food. If not talk to Deacon! lol

Well Saturday didn't turn out as good for me as I would have liked. The boat wouldn't start but hey when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade! Me and my family stayed at the launch and did some crabbing. Then Deacon was kind enough to come back and get my kids so they could have some fun with the rest of them.

THANK YOU CHRIS!! YOU ARE TRUELY A GODLY PERSON!

My wife and son taking it easy.

My daughter telling them she can handle it!

And me and my kids enjoying just being out there.

I would like to thank everyone that helped out with everthing. Me and Angie really appreciate it!
    Last edited by shadow; 07-07-2008 at 12:03 AM.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you!

Dwyane,

Thank you very much for opening your home to us for the gathering. I met some new members I didn't know, and had a great time fishing/crabbing/shrimping with you and the other CDC members.

I asked my son what he liked most, but he couldn't narrow it down to one thing...he liked it all! We had a great time and hope we can come down again and visit your area in the future. It was a pleasure, and thank you very much for everything you did.

I have some more pics as well, but haven't dumped the camera yet. I cooked crabs tonight and wore my fingers out eating 'em up!!! I think I got better with practice, but chicken fingers are still easier to get full on! :D

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Dwyane:

How come it is that those fish look so much bigger on the lake than in the pictures????LOL!!! It was really nice meeting those CDC folks first hand and it was wonderful of you and your family to extend such great hospitality to all of us. Your Mom and Dad are great people who went above and beyond to make us feel like we were part of the family. We tried to sneak out with Jolie but the peacocks sounded the alarm. LOL!!! Now get that motor fixed before your next trip out!!!! I am hunting down a prop for my little Honda but everyone is closed today. Good fishing till we meet again!!!!
    :D Bought too cheap and kept too long!!!!:D

:D WALLY:D

Post Thanks / Like

Dwyane, Julie and I really had a good time this weekend. I know we didn't get into he big ones this time but it was still lots of fun. Best part of it was the fact that Julie outfished me. We ended up with 19 of them "channel mullet" so I guess the count was Julie 14 Johnny 5...lol. Btw I cleaned them earier and Julie cooked them up with some tater tots and some of Bamafans hushpuppies and that was some of the best eating we had at home in awhile.... Sunday was very enjoyable for both of us, we really enjoyed just hanging around the house and visiting with yall.... and tell Allison to stay strong in her dealings she will be better off and if ever she wants to talk to either Julie or me, feel free to give her our numbers...... Thanks again for a fun-filled weekend and we will be looking forward to seeing yall at the next gathering.................. Johnny and Julie
    You can't fish with a hung line!

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how to even begin to express how great a weekend it was. Although Linda and I did not join in with the fishing, we sure did our share of eating and yaping. Dwayne, I want to thanks you and Angie for opening up your house to us. We felt just like we were at home. Its not often you run into such hospitality these days. We enjoyed ourselves so much. Linda needed a get away after losing her brother earlier this week and this was just the ticket. I want to also thank all the others present for adding their part in making the weekend so special. We have never before felt so welcomed, it was like a family gathering, and I guess it was in a way. It was great to be able to put faces with the names I see here everyday. It is said that you can tell a lot about a man by looking at the company he keeps, well I must say this and it pertains to all, you guys and gals are the most. There was a great uplifting and spiritual feeling all around us, we have been truly blessed by our gathering. God bless everyone and thanks again for the most enjoyable weekend. I will try to post the pictures I took when I get home this evening.
    "gene" and Linda
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would also like to thank everyone else that showed up at the gathering, I failed to mention it in my earlier post, but we enjoyed meeting everyone there and it is always nice to be able to put a face with the names. Thanks again, the wife and I really enjoyed all the friends, fellowship, and FOOD!!!!
    Dwyane, give Angie a great big Thank You from Julie and I also. She wasn't there when we left so we weren't able to tell her.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Dewayne,

Thank yall so much for opening your house to me and my family. We had a great time this weekend. Hannah and Hunter talk more about crabbing and catching shrimp to their friends than about the DisneyWorld vacation. Hannah askes about Lakein every day and tells her friends about her. She can't wait to see her again. Sorry to everyone about THE TOWER OF TERROR MR. Gage ,,I know he can be a handful, my babysitter backed out and we wanted to come so bad to the gathering. A 2yr old is tough to handle but he had fun. His red sunburn went away and it turned to a tan, so he didnt get burn like i thought he did. I enjoyed meeting everyone and putting a face with everyone. If anyone wants to fish the saline lake side of the saline/larto complex and needs a place to stay you are more than welcome to stay at our house.Dewayne tell angie thank you for letting us stay there. Your mom and dad are great people, tell them thanks for all the great food. I hope to see everyone at the larto gathering,,c ya soon!

Brendon and Stephanie Dubroc
    Gatortrax35
    DuBroc "Lily pads, grass, mud,stumps,5 ft beaver dams, you better hold on! "

Post Thanks / Like

Looks ya'll had a great time. Thanks for posting the pics.

Gonefission
    Bill

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default pictures of the gathering, the setting

The beautiful country setting.

"G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast