Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: white perch?

Post Thanks / Like

Default white perch?

i enjoy reading the post from your board i am from the sc board and was wondering if yall catch many white perch in your area, around here they are taking over our lakes , in years past we would average a limit of 30 crappie over a pound with several over 2 but the perch are taking all the crappie as fry and our fish # are shrinking. you can catch a 100 perch here in a matter of a hour or two on just about any hump in the lake. here are a few pics from july 3 me and my 70 year old mother caught these in 30 foot of water in less than two hours don't get me wrong i love to catch and eat them but i love my crappie more, they are good fighters and they always bite and we do have some good size ones too, 5 perch in the pics are over a pound. just curious jeff (bowler man)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. White bass are becoming a detriment to our crappie .

Post Thanks / Like

believe it or not those aren't white bass they are a white perch but they are cousins , they look alot alike. these little buggers will wipe the white bass out of a lake in about 5 years and the bass will never recover.

Post Thanks / Like

Look like crappie in the bottom pic?

Post Thanks / Like

yea mama want let me throw the crappie back she loves to eat them to much she was born and raised down y'alls way she was born in new madrid county and raised in new madrid, she just turned 69 july 01