Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone familiar with the HB 931c?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone familiar with the HB 931c?

There are some good closeout sales going on now.

Humminbird Closeout Specials - While Supplies Last!
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Tom I have been looking at this unit. To hook up to my SI unit. That way when I mark a brush pile on the SI unit. It will save the way point on the unit up front. Its the same unit as my 987c but without the SI part.
    I think sharing the way points like that between the back unit and this one on the trolling motor. Would be the way to go. That way mark a stump or brush pile. And go to it on the front unit.
    Pete

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed View Post
    Tom I have been looking at this unit. To hook up to my SI unit. That way when I mark a brush pile on the SI unit. It will save the way point on the unit up front. Its the same unit as my 987c but without the SI part.
    I think sharing the way points like that between the back unit and this one on the trolling motor. Would be the way to go. That way mark a stump or brush pile. And go to it on the front unit.
    Pete
    Pete,

I went to HB page. Didn't see the 931 as being capable of networking. I didn't see your 987 either.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

The 987 is an older version of the 997; I've got a 997 and a 917c, networked through the Interlink (separate box, usually around $100). Works as advertized, easily sharing waypoints. I think you're right, the 931 was an older model that wasn't GPS capable (but could be used as a transplotter, whatever that is). Hummminbird has reconditioned 931 units available on their web site. I'd say to be careful if you want new--make sure you're not getting a reconditioned unit.