Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Going to Try My Luck Tomorow

ncthompson11 Guest

Default Going to Try My Luck Tomorow

Hey guys Im new here and was hoping to find some tips on catching more brim tomorrow. I have taken a break from fishing due to lack of success but tomorrow im putting down the lures and getting the bobber and worm out. Anyone have any tips on catching more brim bobber fishing. I know it seems simple but there are plenty of times guys around me are using the same bait and catch tons of fish while i catch 1 or 2.

Whats the best time to go if its going to be around 90 degrees in the day?
    Are worms the best bait to use?If not what else is good. And how big a piece of worm should I use?
    What size hooks are best?
    And are certain bobbers better than others?

I know these sound like no brainers to most but Im the only one in my family who fishes so am trying to gain some knowledge. Thanks!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Alabama.

If you are bream fishing I would use a slip bobber setup with a #8 hook or 1/64 jig on it. Tip with a wax worm or a bit of a red wiggler,and start off by fishing weeds and vegetation about 3 feet deep. Adjust your slip float as needed and fish it very slow.

If you want to fish deeper water, one of these setups should work nicely.

Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to use crickets under a bobber, on an unweighted line. Watching a cricket slowly fall drives 'em nuts.