Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anybody Having Trouble With Alltel

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Anybody Having Trouble With Alltel

My Alltel service went out yesteday morning and is still not working. I called about it yesterday and they said, "There has been an interuption in your service in your area. Be patient and the problem will be resolved as soon as possible." Now if they called me about my bill and I said, "There has been an interuption in my cash flow. Be patient and the problem will be resolved as soon as possible" they'd pull the plug on me! Since I got this service it has changed hands about 4 times.

I heard that Verizon has taken them over now.

I had a problem with Verizon years ago and I just about refuse to do business with them.

Several years ago I bought a Verizon plan and phone. Couldn't get a signal with it all day. Not even right there where they sold me the darn phone. The next day I took the phone back and told the guy I wanted to cancel the service because I wasn't happy with it (I was suposed to have 72 hrs. to evaluate the service).

He said there wasn't anything wrong with the phone or the service and wanted to charge me an early cancelation fee + $29.95 for his trouble + he wanted me to give him the phone and extra accessories that I had bought, cause I wasn't gonna need it if I didn't have the service. That didn't set too well with me!

Oh, he got the phone back... in about 10 different pieces. Short fuse! I kept the car charger and leather case.

I called Verizon's home office and told them about my problem with their agent and cancelled with no fees or penalties. But; I was still out several bucks for the phone!

We're leaving tomorrow to go camping and fish'n and we need a phone incase we have problems. I'm probably gonna change service today if something doesn't change quick!

Just wanted to check and see if anyone else was having problems before I jumped the gun.

Anyone got a good service they would recommend?
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have service with Alltel and am having no problems here in Georgia.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Manz View Post
    I have service with Alltel and am having no problems here in Georgia.
    Called them again this morning. They said the problem was in western Ky. and on down into Mississippi. Just started working again at 1:30.

We're good to go.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Wiskers, I have Cingular service here in our area and for the most part I've been satisfied. There are still a few dead areas but not many. Some days I do have problems getting signal in my taxidermy studio but it's in a steel building so I just deal with it. I'm thinking about getting a repeater or antenna for the cell so I can have GOOD signal in the building. I use a bluetooth headset when I'm working so I can leave my Razor phone near the front door where the signal is best.

One issue I recently had with Cingular, I had a phone go bad and it was under warranty. I called Cingular repair center and they put someone on the phone. He couldn't understand me and I couldn't understand him. After several minutes I was able to get thru to him what the problem was. He agreed to send me a new phone and I paid an extra $12 for next day shipping. The next day the phone didn't arrive so I called Fed Ex to check on it. I was told that the Cingular guy had put the wrong address on the package and it couldn't be delivered. Fed Ex couldn't change the address since Cingular was the shipper. I had to call Cingular repair back and explain the situation. This time I got a person who spoke and understood English. He cancelled the first order and put in a second order with FREE shipping. I got the new phone the next day and sent my bad one back the same day. About 2 weeks later I got an e-mail saying I needed to send my old phone back or I would be charged about $125. The same day I got a 2nd e-mail saying they had received my old phone in good shape. I got another message a few days later saying I was going to be charged for the phone I hadn't sent back. I called Cingular and spent 45 FRICKING MINUTES on hold waiting for a live person to answer. When the lady answered and I explained my problem, she checked and found out I had been charged with receiving TWO PHONES PLUS SHIPPING!! She said my account showed that they had received 1 phone for replacement and my account had been credited. It was showing that I still owed for the one I never received. I blew a gasket and told her that they had just heard the beginning from me if the matter was not taken care of yesterday. I continued to receive the same e-mail saying they hadn't received one of the phones for nearly a month. When I received my next bill, I had not been charged for the phone I never received so I guess they got it right. I refuse to do business with companies who call me and have some person on the phone who can't be understood. From now on when ***** answers a company I call, I'll ask for an English speaking person to take my call or I refuse to do business with them.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 07-06-2008 at 04:40 AM.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Verizon now owns alltel for just a few $$'s 29 billion on them

They may be more troubles to come

My ole lady works for verizon & gets a discount,but there coverage here is not good.So we have used alltel for 6-7 years.I'm dreading this buyout just as bad as the next person.

May be time to let the cell phones go & get back into the old days (a home phone)
    Last edited by Bluegilll; 07-05-2008 at 09:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Way to go dux

I'm the same way dux! What ever happened to the customer is always right? They'll take advantage of you if you let'm. As for the language thing... I just ask them if they can put me on the phone with someone who speaks english.

As for the Verison thing. We had Verison on our Towboats and we had a lot of dead spots! That guy on the commercials that goes around saying "can you hear me now?" needs to try that crap on a towboat. What a crock! Well is it gets bad I'll just change. Only thing that p's me off is I just bought a new phone for the wife & spent $60 on a new battery for mine. Aint that something? $60 for a battery that will fit in a matchbox!