Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding a live well

Post Thanks / Like

Default Adding a live well

I recently purchased a 14" aluminum jon boat and want to add a live well. There is a middle seat I could mount the live well in but I'm not sure I can find one that will fit amd I'm not to thrilled about drilling holes on the bottom of an aluminum boat.

Any ideas?
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

I would figure out how to make one with a rubbermaid storage case or something
    2018 Tracker Super Guide 40hp 4 Stroke
    Garmin Striker 7sv
    Minn Kota Powerdrive with iPilot
    Marine Raider Rod Holders Modified for Versatrack

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bruce, they sell those kind of live wells I think at Bass Pro just for what you are talking about

Post Thanks / Like

My 14' came with a livewell in the middle seat from bass pro.

They dont have nothn in them except the livewell tank.You have to buy all the plumbing & pump.They said for the livewell & plumbing is $200 if the livewell wasnt already in it.

I would do like greenchicken suggested,make one out of a cooler.I know they are a few threads on this board about some of the guys who made theres from coolers & they look like a factory bought one.

Post Thanks / Like

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

you need something to keep alive to need a live well:D. just put s ice chest in the boat .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

See there, gabulldog knew what I was talking about.

Post Thanks / Like

a big ol white 72 quart cooler with a bait saver pump inside

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I was hoping I could use the middle seat but I guess your suggestion make better sense.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

the cooler will add about the same weight as a regular livewell. it will keep the water colder too. the kits in b/p work pretty good. just have to tie into one of the batteries on the boat with a switch or gator clips. put a screen guard around the bottom of the pump to keep scales and stuff out of the pump. cut the top out of a milk jug to use for filling up the cooler and use the hose on the pump to pump water out when emptying or just changing out the water (may need a longer hose to reach the outside of the boat or the pump may have enough pressure to make it) the cooler with cup holders on top is nice too when it's hot as it has been!!!
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast