Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOZ Opening Flood Gates Tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ Opening Flood Gates Tomorrow

Based on an article in the Lake Sun Leader, looks like they'll be lettin' a little water out of LOZ beginning Thursday. I know Truman's been high and that water's got to get through sometime.

I'm hoping it doesn't mess up fishing too bad. Heading down tomorrow and staying through the 12th ... and planning to spend a large chunk of that time searching for Mr. & Mrs. crappie.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

the recorded message says at noon on thursday they will be setting the gates to effect a total flow of 50,000cfs into the river,,this is close to what they did earlier this spring,,,give it a couple of days and as someone on here says (it will get better)
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

someone been saying that all year. Did he say what year.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i know buzzy,but murphy's law says it will change,but it just may be for the good this time

Post Thanks / Like

Default We'll see

I'm getting the line wet regardless -- althought I'd rather the current wasn't happening. But that's the nature of this year. I'm there so I'm fishing.

Nice to hear, Fuzzy, that it may only affect it for a couple of days. I'll be there all week and maybe -- as Beagle says -- things will look up during the week.
    Last edited by LOZcrappie; 07-02-2008 at 08:26 PM.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

As of 4pm on Thursday 7/3 they were not open. But the Osage was up so I may have missed it. I was under the impression once they were up they stayed up. Do they typically keep them open or alternate based upon what's going on down stream?

Mike
    "Jackpot"
    Last edited by Jackpot; 07-04-2008 at 07:26 AM.
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Post Thanks / Like

Attaboy, LOZ. My experience is to never trust the conventional wisdom. Go and find out for yourself. There's lots of times that you're pleasantly surprised. If they're not up on the lake, don't neglect below the dam.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

they just said that as of 3/pm thursday that they will now wait until 7/am Sunday to open the gates,,if you don't have it the number is 573 365 9205,,,later fuzzy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Fuzz. Fishin's slow for me today so far. All nice-sized black crappie ... but only five of them.

Using the 2" YUM Beavertails. Used SlabBusters yesterday and had a bunch of dinks, so I'm trying the larger bait. Just wish they were biting a little better.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LOZcrappie View Post
    Thanks, Fuzz. Fishin's slow for me today so far. All nice-sized black crappie ... but only five of them.

Using the 2" YUM Beavertails. Used SlabBusters yesterday and had a bunch of dinks, so I'm trying the larger bait. Just wish they were biting a little better.
    Today before the sun came out we had good luck with blue/white slab busters on orange heads and pink/white on chartreuse head. Fished around the docks in 25-30 feet of water. Most were down 15-20 feet. Still got a bunch of shorts to go with the keepers.

Mike
    "Jackpot"
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast