Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP FOR A (id-i-ot)= ignorant or stupid

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation HELP FOR A (id-i-ot)= ignorant or stupid

Crappiepappy;;; If you'd be so kind as to try to walk me though this junk once more I'd be gratfull. I've got my photos downloaded in my computer, i can Cut, Paste, Crop, Print,E-mail, My Photos, But I can't get these blame things on this site, I can't even get them on photo bucket, What am i doing wrong. I printed off a three page instruction on how to download my pitcures into photobucket, but everytime i try to copy, or insert them into there site it say's something about the http or img, not being the right number or name. I feel like a complete idiot, its got to be simpler than i'm making it out to be. But for the life of me i can't get it work right. AND ANYBODY ELSE'S HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappielips ...

Try this - open up your Photobucket account and on the screen that has the "Browse" button - click on that button. That should bring up another smaller screen with your pictures (My Documents or My Pictures file). Left click on the picture you want to send to Photobucket. There should be two lines below the pictures - one says "File Name" ... and the "Name" of the picture you clicked on should appear in that line, when you click on a picture. The other line should say "Files of type". "All Files" will automatically pop up in that line. Just leave that as is .... and click the OPEN button (to the right of the file lines). The "My Pictures/Documents" screen should disappear ... and you will have the pictures URL (address) in the line to the left of the BROWSE button. Click the "SUBMIT" button and the picture should appear on screen as your first picture. Below that picture, you will have 3 lines of text (addresses) ... URL, TAG, IMG -- you just need the IMG line to post a picture on here. Left click that IMG address (highlights it) - right click it (brings down choice menu) - left click on COPY - then come to Crappie.com and open a thread/post - when you want to insert the picture ... hit the Enter key to put a line of space between your text and the picture - then right click (bringing down the choice menu again) and left click on PASTE. You should see a line of text appear ... starting & ending with the letters IMG in brackets. That's your picture !! Click on the Preview Post button and see if the picture came thru. Then, if you want to add more text BELOW the picture .... scroll down to the Reply screen (the one with the Icons/Smilies) and hit the enter key to put another line of space between the picture and your continuing text. If you want to add text ABOVE the picture - left click at the end of your previous message and type in the extra text ... then click the Enter key again (just to make sure you have a blank line between text and the IMG address - that will keep your message from running into or being moved by the picture). When you are ready to enter your message/picture - click the preview post button again and check out how it looks .... if it suits you - then click the "Submit Message" button (under the preview screen).
    Give it a try in the TEST section of this site ... and if you have trouble, or if it doesn't work, let me know (PM me or reply to this thread, and explain what you did and what happened) ....... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default posting pictures

I keep seeing this talk about "photo bucket" to post pictures.

I use the buttons below to post mine. Under "additional options" on the post reply screen, you click on "manage attachments" and browse you computer frot the correct photo.

Select the photo and click uplaod. Of course, you'll have to resize to ensure the file is the correct size.

This way works for me everytime.

What am I missing with the "photo bucket"?

FP67
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Crappiepappy;;;;;; Your a life saver Thank's a millionWhat i was trying to do instead of inserting an img, i was trying to insert the whole folder thats why it would come back invaild format. So now im trying to resize them to fit the screen on the test area. I owe you one.... or ...two...maybe even a 6 pack it will have to be soda's thou, I quit drinking year's ago it never got me anywhere. to each his own. Thanks again.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishpro67
    I keep seeing this talk about "photo bucket" to post pictures.

I use the buttons below to post mine. Under "additional options" on the post reply screen, you click on "manage attachments" and browse you computer frot the correct photo.

Select the photo and click uplaod. Of course, you'll have to resize to ensure the file is the correct size.

This way works for me everytime.

What am I missing with the "photo bucket"?

FP67
    This is a very nice rig, but don't you think its time to upgrade? :D
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not much of a computer guy as far as resizing them so I either send to or go to my email. Most of the time I have sent a pic I want to post anyway and they have been resized through the email. Then right click on it and send it to the desktop, which is an option on the manage attachments. I like this pic. Biggern' a ...........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Fp67 ....

Photobucket is just a free hosting site, where you can put your pictures. There are lots of different such sites - I just heard about this one, and used it to store some film photo's. Don't have a digital camera yet ... still learning how to use the new Scanner :D ......... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Von Drasek
    I'm not much of a computer guy as far as resizing them so I either send to or go to my email. Most of the time I have sent a pic I want to post anyway and they have been resized through the email. Then right click on it and send it to the desktop, which is an option on the manage attachments. I like this pic. Biggern' a ...........
    David, try this URL for a simple small resizer. It's so easy even I can use it. It's only a 521 kb download, and all you have to do is right click on a pic and select "resize picture." To save you a lot of testing, the "attatchment" photo size is 440 by 330, and the URL method is 700 by 525 and will fit the forum page width. Just rt. click on the pic, select "resize picture", click on "advanced" and select custom and enter the size according to the posting method you like.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

When you are on the page, scroll down looking on the right untill you see "picture resizer" and download. It's free and as simple as you will find anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Default nicun

Quote Originally Posted by David Von Drasek
    big as a hubcap - I have heard that now I seen it
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

a hub cap i have a hubcap on my 24 ft motor home . it has 17.5 tireson it:D.
    retired and now i will always fish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast