Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cherokee Village

Post Thanks / Like

Question Cherokee Village

Anyone fished any of the lakes in Cherokee Village. Any advice,tips. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

It has been a long time since I fished those lakes there. I'm guessing that your talking about Thunderbird and another one there. I have a place on Spring River. However, I believe those lakes are private now. When I heard that they were private it pissed me off because the corp of engineers maintains the levees, of course our tax dollars pays for that. I used to fish them years ago. There are some nice crappie in them. They are resevoir lakes so follow the pattern used to fish them.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Thunderbird and Sequoyah (sp?) are the two that I know of. I have family that live in Horseshoe Bend and we are renting a couple of houses on the lake there in Cherokee in a couple of weeks. They did say we had to have some type of guest pass to fish there. Just wondering about the crappie there. By the way, I see you are from WM also. Any luck around here. I went out to Horseshoe this afternoon and caught about 30 but only 10 keepers. Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Your doing better than me at Horseshoe, I've been there a couple of times this year and done no good. I fixing to get my boat ready for trolling. I'm not going to troll on Horseshoe tho. I'll hit the oxbows.

Where in West Memphis do you live, I live on Balfour road. My name is Rusty Langley.

Quote Originally Posted by newwin
    Yes, Thunderbird and Sequoyah (sp?) are the two that I know of. I have family that live in Horseshoe Bend and we are renting a couple of houses on the lake there in Cherokee in a couple of weeks. They did say we had to have some type of guest pass to fish there. Just wondering about the crappie there. By the way, I see you are from WM also. Any luck around here. I went out to Horseshoe this afternoon and caught about 30 but only 10 keepers. Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Rusty, I live on Richland my name is Danny Thomas. I tried Mound City chute yesterday with no luck. 5 good size crappie in 5 hours. I don't know if the weather has messed up the spawn around here or what it is. If you find some good spots pass it on and I'll do the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Danny, I wonder if Dacus is doing anything? Another oxbow that might be of interest is Whitehall. Well I think the big ones have spawned and moved out to let the little ones come up. Have you been monitoring the water temperature at Mound City?

I just got back from fishing Reelfoot Lake in a tourney and was very disappointed in the size of crappie I caught. I fished 2 days. I probably caught 60 fish and only 10 keepers. I'd say 60% of the people were trolling. I'm thinking like you, with this cold snap, I thought it would put them off spawn for awhile. I guess it is time to consider trolling. Not going to Horseshoe with all the skiers and jetskis.

Quote Originally Posted by newwin
    Rusty, I live on Richland my name is Danny Thomas. I tried Mound City chute yesterday with no luck. 5 good size crappie in 5 hours. I don't know if the weather has messed up the spawn around here or what it is. If you find some good spots pass it on and I'll do the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Rusty, I haven't heard anything about Dacus and didn't check the temp. while I was out at Mound City. You might want to give Horseshoe a try sometime during the week if you can, less skiers and jetskis. We went out today between 11am and 4pm and caught 30 good size bream and 13 nice crappie with red and chatreuse (sp?) jigs tipped with white crappie nibble about 4ft deep. One of the crappies was about 2.5 lbs. Good luck wherever you go.