Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Have a question about night fishing?

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Have a question about night fishing?

I noticed that Bass Pro has to models of lights.
    1 that just floats on to and
    2 another that has a cord 20 and the light sinks. Can anyone suggest which one does the best or had the best luck with?

Post Thanks / Like

Q beam starfire II submersible.......doesnt need weight to sink, lower about 12-18" below the surface, easy on my batteries, draws bait better than nething ive used. stays out of the way when landing a fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a big fan of the green lights. I have a 4 footer that is weighted so that only the top 4" is out of the water. I don't think length matters or even if it is submersible. A lot of folks really like the Qbeam starfire. Cant beat their price... I paid a lot of money for my light, but thank goodness and knock on wood I have gotten 7 + years out of it. I will buy another when that sad day comes. Crappie hold below the brightest part of the light. We catch a lot of fish below the the light at 8 to 11 feet often at 17' depends on setup, depth of water etc. We catch a few 4' deep but they are all 10' -15' or more from the light.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TreednNC View Post
    Q beam starfire II submersible.......doesnt need weight to sink, lower about 12-18" below the surface, easy on my batteries, draws bait better than nething ive used. stays out of the way when landing a fish.
    Yep, they're the best. You can get them at them at Wal Mart for cheaper than any lights Bass Pro sells.
    Mistah Kurtz - he dead
    A penny for the Old Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Default q beam.

i agree about the q beam. It works great for us. However, most of the time we seem to catch more around the edge where the light and shadowed area meet in the water. We try directly under, around, shallow, deep etc. until we figure out where they are and what they want that particular night.