Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cachuma 2/29

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cachuma 2/29

Took the GF for a day at the lake. Tried for the redear and they would not cooperate. Headed to Cachuma bay to check out the conditions. Water was 79' shad were in shallow, and the crappie wanted to play. Big fish was almost 2 pounds, and even though the GF doesn't know how to fish jigs, we ended up with probably 20 fish, taking 10 to the frying pan. Got too much sun, but still a nice day on the water. Mikey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    Took the GF for a day at the lake. Tried for the redear and they would not cooperate. Headed to Cachuma bay to check out the conditions. Water was 79' shad were in shallow, and the crappie wanted to play. Big fish was almost 2 pounds, and even though the GF doesn't know how to fish jigs, we ended up with probably 20 fish, taking 10 to the frying pan. Got too much sun, but still a nice day on the water. Mikey
    I am glad to hear that somebody is catching slabs. I spent last week in the midwest at a reunion. With the recent rain back there the only way to tell the difference between the river and a corn field is the river has more current. Not conducive to crappie fishing. If you do not mind me asking, what lake were you on? Or does "Cachuma bay" tell the story?
    Jim (Ike) Isaac - San Diego CA

Purveyor of sea stories, fish tales
    and other prevarications.

lovecrappieSD Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jimeisaac View Post
    I am glad to hear that somebody is catching slabs. I spent last week in the midwest at a reunion. With the recent rain back there the only way to tell the difference between the river and a corn field is the river has more current. Not conducive to crappie fishing. If you do not mind me asking, what lake were you on? Or does "Cachuma bay" tell the story?
    I think this might be the lake OP was referring to :

Cachuma Lake Recreation Area

Too bad it is up north is Santa Barbara area...