Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finding Fish in the Summer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finding Fish in the Summer

Well where should I start? I am try to sell my boat so I guess I am going back to the bank...
    Shawn Hines
    Now stationed in...
    Middle East

Post Thanks / Like

while you got your boat Id start at 40-50fow if your lake has it...on known structure or what youd fish according to a topo map and come on up til ya find em.....

Ive caught em here in July and August 50-60' deep over a brushpile that was in 80fow...is that the norm? no....most good summer fishing here is 30-45.

That said, Idk about bank fishing. Id try areas that have deep drop offs along the bank or where the creek channel is close to the bank

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're bankin, I'd look for a bluff with a fast drop that I could get close to. Maybe deposit some brush. Hope you'll buy another boat. Even if you aint fishin, there is nothing more relaxing and satisfying than time on the water.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Believe me I know. I love going out early in the morning and enjoing the sunrise... with a set of tight lines hanging off the boat.

Baby coming, I will take her someday later down the road I guess
    Shawn Hines
    Now stationed in...
    Middle East

Post Thanks / Like

Alright the old man is coming in this weekend. Would love to take him out(his truck my boat) and catch a mess of slabs. Where should we look? What lake do you guys think around this area?
    Shawn Hines
    Now stationed in...
    Middle East

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thehines View Post
    Alright the old man is coming in this weekend. Would love to take him out(his truck my boat) and catch a mess of slabs. Where should we look? What lake do you guys think around this area?
    I went out the other day and got some off the drops of the Big Sandy River (18-25 ft). It was hot and I ain't recovered from the heat yet. If your old man is old, go real early and leave early.

If it is too hot, go fish around in the freezer.

An old mans advice.

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"