Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Midas Touch

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation The Midas Touch

If you want your ordinary minnows to have a golden hue, place some dried red onion skins into some water and let them sit overnight. Be sure to oxygenate or use an aerator in the water. The water will take on the color from the onion skin making it more attractive to crappies.

Take the hook and put it into the minnow's mouth and out the gill. Now stick the point of the hook into its back at the base of the dorsal fin. The minnow will remain alive for quite a long time when rigged in this manner. After you cast reel in very S-L-O-W-L-Y with an O-C-C-A-S-S-I-O-N-A-L twitch of the rod tip. Slow it down some more because most of us are impatient fishermen. Fish on a dropper loop and hold on.

P.S. You can dye a waxworm by putting a few drops of food coloring into the wood chips they come in. Sometimes I will even add dry Frosted Flakes or Wheaties to toughen them up and also provide a food source for them while they are waiting to give their lives up to a hungry Bluegill.

To prevent your preserved bottle baits from leaking, simply slip a rubber band around the last thread of the jar and tighten down the lid.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I put red food coloring in my fishing buddies minnow bucket give the hillbilly minows a red look arround the gills and fins. we use mostly pond minnows here and they seem to work better than the store bought ones.